Sukhoi SU-47 Berkut

Discussion in 'Boats, Planes, Other' started by Torque, Jul 19, 2007.

1. #1 Torque, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Sukoi SU-47 Berkut

2. Its such an insanely huge aircraft. Very cool but had some major design flaws.

3. yeah like some dickhead put the wings on backwards!

4. ok mr aeronautical engineer...what exactly are these design flaws?

The SU-47 was never meant to be an operational aircraft...moreso along the lines of the X-29...pure demonstration purposes only.

Russians for the most part make some pretty darn good airplanes. They do differ in building philosophy than the West. Also considering that their economy has been in shambles for nearly 20 years...it's a pretty good feat.

5. Advice: although it`s hard, try and avoid the idiots.

6. it rocked the boat in Ace Combat 5.

7. Reread my post. I never said it wasnt a great plane. I just said there were some design flaws. Its an incredible plane but fell short on a few things it was intended to demonstrate. They wanted to prove that the forward swept wing was just as efficiant as a normally swept wing. Which it wasnt. It significantly slowed the top speed of the plane down and also drastically cut fuel efficiency. But the forward swept wing comboed with properly design canards made for an insanely maneuverable aircraft.I have heard that it was something with the leading edge of the plane that created alot of drag that really makes it impossible to use the engines full capabilities without shaking the plane apart. This was an issue with the X-29 as well, which they managed to improve with some minor wing upgrades throughout the lives of the planes.

The Russian make great Aircraft. Most of the Sukhoi Su-xx series is fantastic. They impress alot. I was only commenting on this plane.

8. as a dogfighter, the 47 is incredible. its a shame they dont put it in production as an air superiority fighter

9. I dont think it would be that good a dogfighter seeing as it cant carry any weapons. Unless you mean actually fighting dogs, in which case, yes, i think the plane would probably wipe the floor, as long as the dog ran in front of it when it was taking off.

10. Can't carry weapons?

Guns: 1× 30 mm GSh-30-1 cannon with 150 rounds
    Missiles: 14 hardpoints (2 wingtip, 6-8 underwing, 4-6 conformal under the fuselage)
    Air-to-air: R-77, R-77PD, R-73, K-74
    Air-to-surface: X-29T, X-29L, X-59M, X-31P, X-31A, KAB-500, KAB-1500

STFU.

11. #11 ReeK, Jul 19, 2007
    There are reasons not to argue with Burner.

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=1&fID=3&tID=78025

12. #12 TOXA, Jul 19, 2007
  13. sc.net should go on a "ignore burner posts" and just overlook them.

14. oh, my mistake

15. Looks better than any of the United States forward swept wing designs.

16. #16 RLQ, Jul 19, 2007
    F-22 vs SU-47 well sort of.

17. why are you wrong about everything? like absolutely everything. you're worse then w00t, and he usually TRIES to be wrong; its funny. but this is just plain sad

18. Are you kidding?

Burner is like a real-life Agent Pendergast. He's an expert on everything from international relations to cellular biology to aerodynamics to Finnish literature of the late 15th century.

19. #19 Mikael, Jul 20, 2007
  20. #20 Mikael, Jul 20, 2007
    Back on topic, the Su-47 Berkut (former S-37) it`s only a demonstartor, it doesn`t have pilons.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/s37/

21. The X-29 looked pretty cool...

22. #22 henriksjostedt, Jul 23, 2007
    How come 90% of all videos put on youtube by Americans have the same generic wannabe indie guitar music?

23. bandwagon syndrom

24. The Berkut is SO #$%#ING ILL. Someone should probably call a doctor.

25. I really like that aeroplane, it is seriously awesome.