supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Discussion in '1995 Ford GT90 Concept' started by cidart, Jul 18, 2003.

1. why talking about gt 40 and gt 90 when ford says they first want a car for everyone...i don't think ford will follow the supercar production way...

2. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

And you wonder why you were banned...

3. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Hmmm.. they may want to build cars for everyone but building the GT is interesting to everyone. And iterest helps sell cars. Most succseful car companies have a loss leader.

4. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

They followed "the supercar production way" by making the GT.

5. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

i wouldnt consider the GT a supercar. sure it does 200 mph, but it wont make it to any races such as le mans. I know its built with the thought of a gt40, but when u consider more than just the exterior and engine. I'd say it is close to the gt40, but now the gt40 wouldnt do good at all, the design is too old.

6. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

its true that the gt is a sad cry for supercar but it will be fords most promising release, and without to much effort the car could make it to the racetrack. But sadly they didn't make the gt 90 wich truly would have been a "super" car. And the gt is positioned to beat vipers and ZO6's, even if it does cost close to twice as much.

7. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

For a "sad cry for supercar" it sure knows how to go. 0-60 in 3.8. It's not supposed to take on the Viper or the Z06. It was built to take on the Ferrari 360 Modena, and even the 360 Challenge Stradale.

8. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

'For a "sad cry for supercar" it sure knows how to go. 0-60 in 3.8. It's not supposed to take on the Viper or the Z06. It was built to take on the Ferrari 360 Modena, and even the 360 Challenge Stradale'

Amen to that bro. But i read somewhere that it's 0-60 time was 3.4. i think it was motor trend, the OFFICIAL time is 3.8, but one of MT's drivers got it to 3.4...i think

9. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Why? for pointing out the fact that Ford is a mass-production, consumer car manufacturer? Right, wouldn't that make this a facist website?

What he said was right, Ford should be focusing more on producing good passenger cars than trying to make a fast supercar.

10. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

well, see here's the thing. Ford used their SVT division to introduce this. They simply made this to grab attention and to prove what they could do.

As for Ford producing better passenger cars, they are. Want a few? Here's a list.
    2004 F-150
    2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan
    2004 Freestar
    2005 Mercury Montego

Not to mention the good vehicles already being produced:

Focus
    Explorer
    Taurus Sedan
    Taurus Wagon
    Crown Victoria
    Expedition
    F-Series
    E-Series
    Excursion
    Escape
    Ranger

Then there are their popular and well-performing sports cars:

Mustang
    Mustang GT
    Mustang MACH 1
    SVT Mustang Cobra
    Ford GT

Plus, they also have 7 other companies under their belt, each trying to make their cars more consumer friendly (maybe cept for Aston Martin, heh).

11. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

FORD sucks at making super cars.

12. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

For the remaining hours, the Gurney / Foyt Mark IV kept the works Ferraris at bay. Decaled number one, it was Ford's sleek red supercar that took victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

This remarkable and heavily-reported event appears to have been a good note for Ford to end their motor sports campaign on. After Le Mans, no Mark IVs would race again. Ford had beat Ferrari at Le Mans - for the second time - and that's the story they were after.

13. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

For the remaining hours, the Gurney / Foyt Mark IV kept the works Ferraris at bay. Decaled number one, it was Ford's sleek red supercar that took victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

This remarkable and heavily-reported event appears to have been a good note for Ford to end their motor sports campaign on. After Le Mans, no Mark IVs would race again. Ford had beat Ferrari at Le Mans - for the second time - and that's the story they were after.

14. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Dood...omg.

GT40
    GT40 Mk1
    GT40 MkII
    GT40 MkIV
    GT40 Mk I Gulf
    Ford GT
    GT90
    Ford Indigo

15. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Just because Ford have no plans to race the New GT, doesn't mean it isn't a supercar. Lamborghini never officially raced any of their mid-engined efforts, and neither have Porsche (Carrera GT) or Pagani (Zonda C12).

Ford aren't daft, you know. They knew that resurrecting a forty year old racing car wasn't going to be simple; that they have done it, is incredible.

16. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

No one asked McLaren to build a road car, e.g. the 1993 F1. Shouldn't they have just concentrated on building racers?

17. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

You stick to your Vectra-based, torque steering-Saabs. The New GT is undoubtedly a supercar.

18. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

if 0-60 in under 4 seconds and 200mph top speed dont make a super car, then your right, ford havent made a super car. but if this is the case then whats your definition of a super car!?!?!?

19. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

I agree, what's wrong with these people?

I can't believe that Saab 900 kid said the New GT is 'a sad cry for a supercar'. What the Hell gave him/her the idea to say that? On what basis is the New GT a 'sad cry'?

At least Ford have the balls to build this car; I can't understand why manufacturers spend millions developing a car that will remain only as a concept. Cars are for driving, as well as looking at.

20. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

the gts are supercars but they do suck

ford- Found On Road Dead

21. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Serious question here... would you like the GT if it was a Chevrolet? Same car, just a Chevrolet badge instead of a blue oval? So it's a Ford... I've had two previously, and they were both great cars. On my third now, a Focus.

22. Re:
    supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

How come there's a GT thread on the GT90 forum? Anyway, americans and italians have different areas of expertise when it comes to supercars. Americans believe that hard acceleration and top speed makes a supercar while italians keep the power figures a bit lower but keep handling much higher than their american competition (if you REALLY can call any american cars competition at all). Don't get me wrong, american supercars are excellent in their key areas which are being extreme for the general public. Someone who've driven around in Volvos or Toyotas their whole life think a GT or a Z06 is a brilliant and blazingly fast car while those who drive Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches think american cars just run well in a straight line.

Note: I know that Porsche isn't an Italian car, i was just using it for comparison.

23. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

no i hate those dumb looking bastards

24. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

Eh? You hate what?

25. Re: supercars are not the goal reached by ford...

the gts u idiot