Supercars that will still be talked about in 15yrs

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by Tipo F130A, Oct 4, 2009.

1. One that I'm sure will still be talked about is Tesla Roadster Simply because it's the first serial produced electric sportscar.

2. all of them

3. i think the veryon will be forgtten becasue its pretty bland looking and the "250 mph super luxury exotic" thing will probably be done a few more times

i say zonda because its the only supercar that has that timeless 90's look and feel to it.

4. You're a fool if you don't think the Enzo will be remembered/talked about. I can see Koenigseggs very easily falling by the wayside.

5. Idiots stop talking about pre-2000 era cars!

Read first post!

6. Cars like the F430 and 997 GT2 are supercars by most people's standards, but I don't really see them being talked about much in 15 years since they're part of a periodically updated model line.

7. this.

i think the Carrera GT will too, but in the way of the 959, and not talked about that much.

8. not supercars IMHO

9. Here's some of my ideas, mostly based on the fact that they were the first or new at doing something.

Supercar:

Audi R8
    Corvette ZR1
    Ford GT
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    McLaren MP4-12C (just a guess)

Top End Supercar:

Bugatti Veyron
    Pagani Zonda
    Porsche Carrera GT
    Koenigsegg CCX

11. I also wanted to add in the Lamborghini Murcielago.

People still talk about Countach's and Diablos and they debuted 35 and 19 years ago.

12. Veyron. Technologically it is the most advanced for its era.

13. Veyron and GT-R only because they were over-hyped so much.

Also the C6 Z06. Proof that Porsche and Ferrari sportscars are over-priced.

14. ya except c6 isnt proof that porsches are over-priced.

15. The market begs to differ. Have you ever looked at the prices for second-hand exotics? The residual values for these cars eventually level out, but they're a far cry from the original MSRP.

16. Veyron
    Enzo
    Zonda

These are the cars that little kids will still have on their walls in 15 years.

Car guys will remember them all.

17. Resale value on a 911 is damned good. Resale value on a Corvette is not.

18. thats not really all that true.

you can pick up a 996 for ~19 grand with mid-high miles on it now, or a turbo for 35. thats like 1/3 the original value. not exactly good resale.

19. So following you logic; Fiero was a supercar?

20. Should be on our walls now

21. That's your logic, not mine.