Sweet car

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by TurboFactor, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I love the Espirit and have always loved it. It looks sleek as well as kind of crude. I want it!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Sweet car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboFactor</i>
    <b>I love the Espirit and have always loved it. It looks sleek as well as kind of crude. I want it!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You are SOOOOO right man!! I love the Esprit too!!
    Ciao!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Sweet car

But I think they should come out with something new... but I still love this car, especially the V8 racing version in British GT.

4. Re: Sweet car

I love this car too. And they have come out with new cars... just they arent street leagal. Like the Elise.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Sweet car

Lotus Esprit should come out something new.........
    it gets old like NSX..
    NSX has same model for 10 years.....

6. Re: Sweet car

Old fashion.

7. Re: Sweet car

Because I work at a dealership that sells Lotus vehicles (and has a Silver Esprit sitting in the showroom, unfairly adjacent to two 6.0 Diablos), I have heard a lot about them. One major comment being that Lotus vehicles are of such low quality, that one customer had to bring back his no less that 5 times for service withing a few weeks of purchase. For 80 large, there are a ridiculous number of superior cars one could purchase. For example, the Acura NSX, Corvette Z06 (actually 30k less, with better performance), or simply pay to import an Elise, the superior Lotus product, from Europe.

8. Re: Sweet car

Ummm...never heard of the little devil called the Elise, or even better the Exige?<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Sweet car

Awesome car, but only if you have many cars. It is a rough daily driver and simply impracticle for every day use.

10. Re: Sweet car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maverick</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboFactor</i>
    <b>I love the Espirit and have always loved it. It looks sleek as well as kind of crude. I want it!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You are SOOOOO right man!! I love the Esprit too!!
    Ciao!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So the design may be dated, and the technology old, WHO CARES!!! this car is an awsome peice of work, it's what a sports car is all about. It's a car for the real driver, one who likes to be in touch with the road. Like the front end treatment, but like the old tail light arrangment better.

11. Re: Sweet car

This might be the only super car you can buy used for around $25,000
    and it still looks just the same as the new one. I love this car.

12. Re: Sweet car

It's a good car, but the look is old. Great for racing I'd assume.

13. Re: Sweet car

i agree with u pal! it about time lotus made some change on the ESPRIT,i think it's very sweet.

14. Re: Sweet car

Again, aging design.

15. Re: Sweet car

Umm..yep...I love it too =)
    Hell...das why I'm posting here so much =P

But according to all the Lotus owners I know, we rarely experience problems. Well serious ones. The minor ones are dinky dorey shit that a competent person can fix. =P

BTW, this car will kill and NSX, and well I think it'll do quite well vs a Z06..especially when shitloads of cornering is required =P
    An oldie, but truly a goodie =)

Example of exceptional handling, even 30 years ago would be the White Lotus Esprit in James Bond =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Sweet car

Love this car, everything about it.

17. Re: Sweet car

It's got the old-skool 80's touch

18. Re: Sweet car

Well old school is good rite?
    Come on..look @ all the new Retro shit out rite? Beetles, Minis, PT Cruiser, Viper...ummm..bell bottom jeans?. =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Sweet car

Agreed

20. Re: Sweet car

love it<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Sweet car

It's Around the same price as a viper and Much Much better. This is a Very underrated car.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Sweet car

true, it is more exclusive.
    I love the lotus ad about sleeping with your spouse, it's hilarious.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Sweet car

Ahh man this is quite one of the most beautiful and subtle supercars ever.

im not so just mad over it but everytime I read of one it just looks so stunning.