Take that imports!

Discussion in '1999 Cadillac Steinmetz Catera Concept' started by Turboking, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Well I guess that the big american
    caddy has outdone those stupid jap
    cars. It looks better to.

2. Re: Take that imports!

the catera is european, it is sold as the vauxhall/opel omega in england, and it sucks here, and the english have no taste @ all, it is not american, it is a joint GM project that is neither powerful or stylish, good day!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Take that imports!

I agree with ya all the way. I love the styling, and the performance is pretty damn amazing. The jap-lovers just can't take it.

4. Re: Take that imports!

yea, 0-60 in 6.1 sec, hell acura(honda) can bairly do that with a Na. 2ltr 4cyl (RSX-S), but hey, i'm sure someday american will build a supercharged V6 that can compeat with jap Na. 4cyl's, don't you worry, that day will come!

american supercharged V6 caddy = 0-60 in 6.1 sec
    jap Na 4cyl acura(honda) =0-60 in 6.7 sec.

but hell why not go a TUNED midsize american luxary-sports car vs a jap. midsize NON-TUNED luzary sports car, look at the stats of this car vs the lexus GS430. if u need the stats of it look it up, i find it better to have people look up their own stats, they belive them more.

lol, stick to crappy high displacement, low output V8's, like the mustang, 4.6ltr V8 that makes 260HP while nissan makes a 3.5ltr V6 that makes 287HP.

5. Re: Take that imports!

You can't even compare this Cadillac to a RSX-S. Why don't you compare your RSX-S to something in it's class, like the Neon SRT-4 0-60 in 5.6 sec according to Car and Driver, and still undercuts it in price by about $4 grand. This Cadillac would be more in the class of the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro (0-60 7.1 sec R&T), or the Acura CL Type-S (0-60 6.7 sec R&T). Both of which this car can beat. I'm not a huge fan of most American cars my self but when they try to do something right for a change, don't bash them because a car in a different class completely still beats them.

6. looks more like chevy cavalier then a caddi

7. looks more like chevy cavalier then a caddi

what happend to the old nice american cars now evn the crappiest japanese can beat them

1974-1987 cadillac sedan -coupe devile=good for hydrolics and air rides

acura integra =good for economy

honda civic and all vtec cars good for customizing and economy for everything alse bull sh!t