Tank graveyard in Ukraine (link)

Discussion in 'Boats, Planes, Other' started by CitroenSM, Mar 4, 2014.

1. #1 CitroenSM, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Tank graveyard i Ukraine (link)

Perhaps they should have held on to them: Hundreds of rusting tanks abandoned in secret Ukrainian depot unveiled as Russia's armoured vehicles line its streets

* There are more than 400 abandoned tanks at the plant in a secret, heavily guarded depot in the town of Kharkiv
    * The depot is in the Slobozhanshchyna region of eastern Ukraine - just 20 miles from the border with Russia
    * Photographer Pavel Itkin, 18, was able to sneak into the heavily monitored site without being spotted by guards
    * He spent two hours walking around the barely-used repair centre taking photographs of old tanks and engines

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572149/Stunning-images-huge-abandoned-tank-graveyard-Ukraine-machines-come-retirement-tensions-Russia-continue-escalate.html#ixzz2uz9qhMxe
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Tank graveyard i Ukraine (link)

I have a feeling that it is going to get a whole lot busier there.

3. Tank graveyard i Ukraine (link)

oooo nice

Not surprised to see that there are no T-80s. Mostly T-72s with the occasional T-64.

4. Tank graveyard i Ukraine (link)

the whole of ukraine will be a graveyard

5. Kharkiv plant was big in its day. Together with the Kirov plant they were responsible for the most advanced Soviet tanks.

The T-64 that was conceived in Kharkiv was a bit of a new tank. It was the first MBT with:

-Composite armour

-A smoothbore cannon

-An autoloader