Teen tries to rob 84 year old Marine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Will939, Mar 28, 2008.

1. #1 Will939, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    "Police: Teen makes mistake of trying to rob former U.S. Marine

Article Launched: 03/27/2008 10:39:20 AM PDT

SANTA ROSA - A boy in his mid-teens learned Wednesday afternoon that it is not a good idea to try to rob a former U.S. Marine at knifepoint, even if the former Marine is 84 years old, police said today.

Santa Rosa police Sgt. Steve Bair said that's what happened around 2 p.m. in the 1600 block of Fourth Street. The elderly man was walking with a grocery bag in each arm when the boy approached him with a large knife, Bair said.

The boy said, "Old man, give me your wallet or I'll cut you," Bair said. The man told the boy he was a former Marine who fought in three wars and had been threatened with knives and bayonets, Bair said.

The man then put his bags on the ground and told the boy that if he stepped closer he would be sorry. When the boy stepped closer, the man kicked him in the groin, knocking him to the sidewalk, Bair said. The ex-Marine picked up his grocery bags and walked home, leaving the boy doubled over, Bair said.

The man reported the attempted robbery to police 45 minutes later.

Bair said the teen is described only as 15 or 16 years old. Anyone with information is asked to call the Police Department."

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_8716808?nclick_check=1

2. Sounds a little sketch, I hope its true.

3. Or I'll cut you! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what are you fvcker? Emo? ROFLwaffles!

4. "The man told the boy he was a former Marine who fought in three wars and had been threatened with knives and bayonets"

haha and then he kicks him in the balls, way to put that marine training to use...

5. he's 84 years old.

6. You don't think Marines are taught to go for the balls when in a life or death situation?

7. From what I hear they save that for their free time ...

8. You don't have to be a Marine to kick someone in the nuts.

9. Chris Draper's concealed weapon:
    A boot for Christmas (in the groin)

10. You have to kick someone in the nuts at the right time to avoid getting sliced up with a knife. Also, he's 84...

11. YO OLD MAN I SLICE U
    *KICK*
    OOhhooOOohh y u do dat G

12. No but it's still an awesome story. And the dude is 84.

13. Obviously him being 84 is awesome, but everyone's instincts should be to kick whatever is threatning you's balls as soon as possible.

14. #16 Will939, Mar 28, 2008
  15. You do know that in war there's no holds barred for that sort of thing, right? Some of the most effective fighting techniques involve kicking in the groin, fingers in the eyes, etc. Your dumb ass doesn't see it in the UFC because they're designed to permanantly injure and are considered unsportsmanlike.

16. Yeah but SAS are better than the marines.

17. Or to, you know, just give the kid your money. Most people don't fight back when someone is waving a huge knife in their face. It takes a lot of balls to go hand to hand (or foot to crotch as it were) with someone who has a knife. Unless you're captain Krav Magra or whatever, you wouldn't do it and neither would I.

18. Ah ****
    I can't believe you've done this

19. haha don't over think it NB, I just think its funny that is his go to move after his big Navy war intimidation speech ...

20. #22 RLQ, Mar 28, 2008
  21. I don't believe it. If he was really a Marine he would have been stabbed.

22. I don't believe it. If he was really a Marine he would have had sex with him.

23. yes but sas are also yorups, so thats an automatic fail.