Terrible styling

Discussion in '2001 Avanti Convertible' started by 63AvantiR3, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

Here ya go Skylinedude, the '63 R3 Avanti I have in my family. On my Dad's side of the family we have 4 or 5 Avanti's I believe (it's hard to keep track), with this one being the most rare. It came out of the factory as an R2, it's the 25th Avanti built and was owned by the President of Studebaker. He sent the car to Santa Monica, CA (Paxton Products) for extensive reworking. It is a prototype R3; since there were 9 real R3s made, this would be #0 if you will.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

this car is so sad!!!! it has no style at all!!!!! ugly car, ugly car in deed........<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

wasup<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

The main thing with this car was to pay homage to the now dead Studebaker company. I bet you guys have never even heard of Studebaker. The old Avanti was one of the best looking car of its time and this one is very high up there in my opinion. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

Man, I remember when the R2's came out. This has a front end similar to it. I never liked 'em. And man, this is horrible.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

god, why the hell would people pay $69k for a car that looks that bad, and, atleast seems to be, an f-body? why not just get a transam or camaro?<!-- Signature -->

7. THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

8. Peice of shit

How can Avanti still be in bussiness after making so many piles of of shit they call cars.<!-- Signature -->

9. Peice of shit

How can Avanti still be in bussiness after making so many piles of of shit they call cars.<!-- Signature -->

10. Peice of shit

11. Re: Peice of shit

It is "PIECE" not "PEICE"

12. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

It has the ford thunderbird's front

13. Re: THIS IS ONE OF THE UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

studebaker was a reasonably good company, although most of the cars were kinda ugly. and apparently, this carries on the tradition. this car is just plain gross looking. it's terrible!

as for studebaker, they're pretty unreliable. one of my dad's friend's got one, a green-ish 4 door with them suicide doors, and from what I've heard, it's got quite a few problems. it's his only car, though, so it does work well enough to get him from point A to B...

as for someone saying we've never heard of the Stud-y, well, bullocks to you.

14. Re: Peice of shit

shut up.

15. Re: Peice of shit

So true!

16. Re: Peice of shit

So true!

17. Re: Peice of shit

So true!

18. Not very tasteful

It looks like a Yugo and an F0body.

And it is part F-body

19. I Hate This Car

This is possibly one of the ugliest cars you can ever look at. This car would would be the cause of all auto accidents because the drivers would get blinded from looking at it.

20. Re: I Hate This Car

THats nice.

21. this just sucks

22. Re: Terrible styling

I agree.

23. Re: Terrible styling

I think it looks original..not smooth shapes like a jag or aston, but pretty nice

24. U-G-L-Y

U G L Y, oh, wait, that spells 2001 Avanti Convertible!

25. Re:
    U-G-L-Y

Ya, what's with the front?