the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by DOMESTICS 4 LIFE, Jan 2, 2003.

1. its the boss mustang concept. running a 0-60 accel at 1.90 secs whike the 427tt vette runs wery close behind at 1.97secs. so the next time you go around sayin stuff bout the vette being able to smoke anything and everythin think about the boss!

2. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

i think that the vette would still be able to take the boss. who cares about 0-60 in a drag race, it's all in the 30-50 times
    that is where this vette flies. with a 30-50 time of 1.7 seconds, good luck to the boss i say, good luck.

3. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

i would have thought in a drag race 0-150ish would be better

4. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

thats good too but you want the ability to accelerate at any speed at any rpm's

5. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

buy something with a diesel engine then

6. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

in a drag race, 0-100 or 150 is more important but if your on a highway and someone passes you who you want to catch up to, a good 30-50 or 600-100 would be more important and not a good standing start time.

7. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

in a drag race, 0-100 or 150 is more important but if your on a highway and someone passes you who you want to catch up to, a good 30-50 or 600-100 would be more important and not a good standing start time.

8. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

sorry bout the double post^^

9. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

haha 1.97...with slicks maybe.

10. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

stop comparing these vettes and the 800tt viper to everything else just because they run low 0-60

11. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

if the boss goes 0-60 in 1.9 it sure falls on its face after that cuz it run 10.5 to the vettes 9.2

12. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

well after doing a 0-60 of 1.97 then the vette didnt do terribly well to notch up a 9.2.

13. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

the vette also had tires a little wider then 3 inches or so on the front wheels and though it may have had some racing slicks they werent huge drag slicks. mabey the mustang can beat the vette in a 1/4 mile but put then around a track and ill bet the vette can win.

14. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

lingenfelter just got 8.95 outta the 427tt, is that still "falling on its face"?

15. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

the only reason they made the boss concept was to have an awesome
    0-60. that why it sucks past 60. it was just a promotional stunt ford pulled to beat the vette 0-60.

16. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

the only reason they made the boss concept was to have an awesome
    0-60. that why it sucks past 60. it was just a promotional stunt ford pulled to beat the vette 0-60.

17. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

so basically you are trying to determine the best of the losers huh! well good luck and tell me who wins!

18. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

i don't even know why going 0-60 is so damn important to you pussies i mean you have a mc laren f1 for your avatar and i bet that the mc laren would run circles around both of those on a course where the men with real balls go! none of this pussy ass 1/4 mile sh!t

19. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

I dont know why you guys are going off about the Boss mustang. The car wasnt even built there is only like two of the F-ing things and they they dont really do anything well except 0-60 because that is all they were built for. They do nothing else. They have a turn radius of a Freightliner Rig, the interior is non-existant and the car as tested to get to to 60 in 1.9 isnt street legal. where as not only is the 427TT in limited production right now there are already over 100 of them out there, the car actualy turns (actually extremely well) and has as interior and can be driven on the street and has a faster 1/4 mile time and has a top speed well over 230MPH and has a better design and a better platform/chassis and... should I really keep going?? Dont get me wrong the Boss is a cool car and all but it does not compare to the 427TT.

20. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

quoat: evilninjamoby
    Mr Vette your wrong on all points. 1. They were built for turning as well. if you will go to the ford website, they have a link to the SVT site. then from there you will find astory on the Boss and how it also ran at the track vs the ZL1 camaro. As for the LPE 427TT, Motor Trend also ran it at a track vs. some vipers, porsches,NSXs, and a few others ( yes they were also tuned) and the LPE Vette won both years in a row. 2. Yes those times WERE street legal, they were ran with cheater slicks (on BOTH the Boss and the Vette ...and ZL1 which is what the Boss was built to beat.. not the vette.. as you incorrectly assumed). If you actually payed attention to what you read the BOSS vs ZL1 race was ment to see if Jon Coletti (SVT BOSS) or Jon Moss (Zl1 Cam) could build the fastest *ALL ENGINE* *STREET LEGAL*(although that was pushed to the limit) car. So yes it was fully streetable.

Now I will admit, yes the vette destroys the Boss after 60 (due to it gets to 100MPH in 4.33 sec.. which still amzes me) But give the ZL1 and Boss Credit.. they did this on all motor. Show me an ALL MOTOR, SMOG Legal Import do that.

Further more I think this page needs to have adult verification to keep the kids from posting nonesense.

Evilninjamoby,
    I could not agree with you more on many of your points ( espicially the parent advisory) but I will have to disagree on a few. when you say the boss was also intended to turn I disagreein a slight way. None of these cars were built in intition for a circit track competition. the suspensions were ajusted just enough so that the car could handle the power not saying that it handles good. the only reason that ford mentiond this article is because as you said the boss was built to be the zl1(9.55 1/4) due to the fact that the zl1 and boss are still considred manufactured optioned cars unlike lpe's 427 witch has nothing to do with the chevy(GM) corp. and because of the classic camaro vs. mustang duo. and I have to mention the your point about giving the boss credit for doing in naturally asperated(all engine) is a great point. I thought you were going to make a point of the fact about how the mr. vette said that there we only 2 boss's compaired to the near 100 lpe 427tt. though this is correct it has a flaw. Boss was a svt(only a ford modifying team) car and lpe's 427 is not considered chevy modifyed car thats why thay call it the lpe 427tt. John ligenfelter(lpe) is just a crazy rocket mechanic/sientist that dose crazy s*%t to cars. But even with all points aside what I wanted to say was after seing all that crap it was nice to see someone (evilninjamoby) who actually know what they were talking about. So Good job and keep it up
    Bee Gee

21. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

To me it sounds like you guys are confusing the two different Boss mustangs with eachother. There has been two boss concepts in the past decade one which is a drag car which is the one that does the 0-60 in 1.97 or whatever the other that only has about 300HP and is made to be a different option for a slightly better performing Mustang without haveing to opt for the Cobra. Like I said before I am really not trying to take away from the Boss, I am simply saying that it cannot be compared to the 427TT. Your point on the being Naturally aspirated engine is very good to deffinately an incredible feat especially coming out of the mustangs Block which has been said to be nearly maxed out, very hard to bore out due to very thin walls between pistons and so on. Which also means that this car will probably tend to break if you run it hard more then a couple of times. Like I said before the car is deffinately a cool car but just not in the same class as the 427TT, which handles extremely well and accelerates like a bat outta hell.

22. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Yeah your right I havent done much reasearch on the Boss, but that is simply because I personally dont like the car too much. But you have to remeber here too that it wasnt me who compared it to the LPE it was somebody else. I simply stated my opinion on the comparison and the cars. I 100% apologize if I had some of my info wrong I aint here to argue that I am always right. I just was simply stating that I personally think the LPE is a much better car in every way. I honestly did not know they ran the Boss and ZL-1 around the track, the article that I read at an old site online-supercars.com(which for some reason was shut down) said something about how the people who drove saying something about it handling like a big rig. So I apoplogize for my wrong info. But I still stick 100% behind my opinion of this car. I personally do not like the Boss and dont think it should have even been put in comparison because it doesnt compare with the LPE.

23. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

And also "(cant check right now, Im at work... they wouldnt appreciate if I stay too long on the internet... Im supposed to do something called work)" Are you trying to make some kinda hint that I dont work?. I happen to own two of my own companies and am partner in a few others. I own my own car customizing/modifying shop and own a pitbull/rottweiler breeding Kennel. I am a financial partner in a local night club, as well as being 50% owner of a local outdoor adventure company. So to even hint that I may not work is kinda dumb.

24. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

You know what I am not going to argue with you I have seen your posts in other boards and I find that I rather like what you usually say.
    I am sorry that I had some wrong info and that I stated my own opinion. But just remember i wasnt the one who compared these cars okay it was somebody else and I simply stated my opinion. You have to realize the handling like a Frieghtliner was a metaphor simply meaning the car does not handle well. The 427tt on the other hand handles extremely well. the car is fast all around not just in a straight line, making it a better car than the Boss. That is all I am saying okay? okay! thank you very much for letting me know in such a nice way that I have some wrong info. thanks and have a nice day at work.

Clown shoes!

25. Re: the 427tt ya 0-60 in 1.9 but guess wats faster

Well there is supposed to be a drag viper that can do a 0-60mph in 1.4 seconds saw it once but can't remember the site to post it.