The Best mods!

Discussion in '1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP' started by AndyDouglas, Aug 9, 2002.

1. What are the best modifications to install on one of these bad boys? Plus are there any body kits that are built for the grand prix gtp or gt?

2. Re: The Best mods!

the only body mod I know of is the Ram Air GTX hood

3. #3 rixochet, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. Re: The Best mods!

The best mod on a GTP is getting a smaller pully. A pully can add around 20 to 30 hp and you can buy one for around $70. (although you have to buy a special puller to install one or have someone do it for you) After that a K&N cone filter could add 8 to 10 hp (depending on setup) and taking away the restricted secions of the exhaust (u-bend and downpipe) can add around 10 hp. You should feel the most dramatic inprovement with the pully. A 3.4 is a safe size to go to if you are mostly stock otherwise. Anything less than that and you would have to add some major mods to get any more performance.<!-- Signature -->

5. #5 LaKsH, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: The Best mods!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rixochet</i>
    <b> www.grandprixstore.com </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Thanks for the site, that is exactly what i have been looking for<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 Pandabuki, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Re: The Best mods!

The is now one body kit available, the manufacturer's name has slipped my mind, but i'll look and find it again.... it's pricy, and honestly not too different from the stock ones, but the side skirts are totally killer.....

8. #8 ROBOCOP, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Re: The Best mods!

thanks, i've been looking for a kit forever for my 98 gtp.