The BIG GIANT Israel vs. Lebanon/Palestine thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IdoL, Jul 15, 2006.

1. I saw that on TV before work as well. CNNs coverage has done almost a complete 180* from the start of this, when it was the usual Israeli mouthpiece.

Edit -- and "duh", I wasn't talking about the extremeists/islamists hateing the US/ISrael more, but the world in general, and especially the mid-east, and especially Lebanon.

2. What are they supposed to do if hezbollah is firing rockets from right next to it? Hezbollah is using the western media as a weapon, their tactic seems to be trying to get israel to kill as many civilians as possible by launching rockets from places where civilians are. They seem to be hoping that if they sacrifice enough of their civilians that the international community will be able to stop israel.

3. no offense but is there a slight chance that your first name is "Timmay"?

4. In the old days everyone would just carpet bomb an entire area. Now, on occasion, the wrong building gets struck or the targets just happen to be in dense population.

Yes, Israel deliberately killed observers from Austria, China, Finland and Canada. Even Canadas own Prime Minister said he believed it to be a complete accident.

If Israel was targeting civilians the death toll would be astronomically higher.

And how the hell would you know what's the norm, or "acceptable" for civilian casualties? What makes you an expert? How many wars have you fought in? What type of training to do you have when it comes to plotting grid coordinates, utilizing laser guidance systems, or having anything to do with missiles/bombs in general?

5. Like the journalist from 'Time' said

"Israel says many things"

6. hezballah is not waiting the international community cuz it supports israel always & the western media is controled by jews. thats why you are brainwashed.

7. Then why use a ham-fisted bombing campaign? If Israel kills loads of civilians and destroys the country's infastructure in the process then they're going to lose the peace in the end no matter what. Hazbolah or an equivalent group will come back stronger than ever, and Lebanon will continue to be a failed state.

Israel has a clear preference for killing Lebanese civilians to putting its soldiers in harms way, which is no way to win in this case...

8. you are an american thats why you say so.

USA & israel r created by killings, they have a bloody history:

-Pequot War (1637)
    -King Philip's War (1675)
    -French and Indian War (1754-1763)
    -American Revolution (1775-1783)
    -Northwest Indian War (1792)
    -Quasi-War (1798-1801)
    -Barbary Wars (1801)
    -Tecumseh's War (1814)
    -Creek War (1814)
    -Peoria War (1814)
    -War of 1812 (1812-1814)
    -Seminole Wars (1815-1818)
    -Black Hawk War (1815-1818)
    -Mexican-American War (1846)
    -Utah War (1846)
    -American Civil War (1861-1865)
    -Spanish-American War (1898)
    -Philppine-American War (1899-1913)
    -Boxer Rebellion (1899-1901)
    -Indian Wars (1865-1890)
    -Banana Wars (1989-1935)
    -First World War (1917-1918)
    -Polar Bear Expedition (1918-1919)
    -Second World War (1941-1945)
    -Cold War (1945-1991)
    -Korean War (1950-1953)
    -Bay of Pigs Invasion (1961)
    -Operation Power Pack (1965)
    -Vietnam War (1957-1975)
    -Terhan Hostage Rescue (1980)
    -Grenada (1983)
    -Beirut (1983)
    -Panama (1989)
    -Persian Gulf War (1990-1991)
    -Somalia (1992-1993)
    -Yugoslavia (1999)
    -War on Terrorism (2001-present)
    -Iraq War (2003-Present)
    -Border Operation (2006)

9. Theres nothing they could possibly gain from blowing up random civilians. What would you suggest they do when rockets are launched from populated areas? The internation community refuses to disarm hezbollah despite the UN ordering them to disarm. What should Israel do?

10. no

11. liar, you're totally Ti Ti Timmeh

12. Lambo: "you are an american thats why you say so."

The reason I say no wars have ever been fought without civilian casualties is because I'm American? HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, that, and the fact that it's true.

13. I totally disagree with you about Israel using ground invasion only. But that's beside the point. I was challenging Ferrarista01's notion that Israel was (deliberately) targeting civilians.

14. Yeah, they just put the code in for infinite ammo and infinite health, right? I can't believe that you're serious.

I've said repeatedly that Israel should withdraw from the Gaza Strip and West Bank entirely. They are certainly not right in every occasion and they certainly have made their fair share of mistakes. But that doesn't mean that they're wrong this time. The simple fact is that there is no way for them to attack Hezbollah without also attacking targets in Lebanon. There's just no way around that.

Olmert's parents were parts of a right-wing Zionist movement back in the 70's. Is that what you're talking about? If so, who gives a shit? Livni is very dovish and fully supported Israeli disengagement from Gaza and part of the West Bank. She's the last person you should be whining about.

15. Stop responding to him. You're more likely to make progress with Homero than you are with him. Don't feed the trolls.

16. Lambos funny, hes a good example of radical islamic brainwashing and why negotiating would be ineffective. Hes incapable of logical discussion and has completely warped sense of morality.

17. Most of the media is more supportive of lebanon than israel.

18. Thats a very easy question to answer actually;

Stop the attacks

Israel has hardly made a dent in hezbollah but killed hundreds of civilians in the process, hezbollah are winning this and there is no way israel can win this because their goal is totally unachievable without making lebanon the worlds largest salt plain.

The funny thing is that hezbollah are actually holding back and if they start hitting Tel Aviv (which they can easily do) then the shit will really start hitting the roof.

Israel have failed massivly at disarming hezbollah, they have made hardly any progress and innocent people are dying for no reason.

19. Lambo strongly reminds me of an Egyptian guy from sc.net who wanted to study biology in Germany and called me stupid because we don't believe that Allah created the world ...

20. So what are Israel's aims then?

If it's a strong, stable Lebanon their plan has totally backfired. If it's to weaken/destroy Hezbolah, again, they're accomplishing completely the opposit (they may well push the other Lebanese more strongly into their corner). If it's to engender global sympathy again fail. If it's to stop the rockets, again they've clearly failed, and their attack itself caused the tempo to increase 1000-fold. If it's to get the captured soldiers back 1. they could have traded for them 2. this attack makes that far far far less likely. If they wanted to drag Syria into this to have a second go, or to instigate a war with Iran v. US, etc, again they don't seem to be biteing in the least.

I entirely fail to see what this does for them? The only possible positive outcome is for Omerates immediate domestic political support.

21. "Israel has hardly made a dent in hezbollah"

And you know this how?

"hezbollah are winning this"

LOL! Um.. yeah. Well then, you have nothing to worry about. Israel will be defeated and the attacks will stop.

"The funny thing is that hezbollah are actually holding back"

LOL! Yeah, and Sheikh Hasan Nasrallah told you this over coffee or something?

"Israel have failef massivly are disarming hezbollah"

Yeah, obviously since this thing has dragged on for DAYS it's not working.

22. The news reports I've seen seem to indicate that all these strikes have done little to either halt the rockets, or to deminish Hezbolah's support with the Shias or the other Labanese. And the light ground offensive doesn't seem to be making any headway.

23. "they could have traded for them"

They've been there, done that. Bought the T-shirt. What did that get them? More kidnappings.

Their aim is to wipe out Hezbollah (yes yes, DAYS later it hasn't happened yet), and to create the HOLY SHIT factor. "Holy shit! They're fvcking crazy! Maybe provoking them is a bad idea."

24. ya cuz ur brainwashed.

anyway, its simple, israel took our country so we must defend it & kill all israelis.

25. 1.I know this because ITS WHAT EVERYBODY IS REPORTING. Israel themselves stated that they under estimated Hezbollah. Also, 3 weeks later they are still launching missles into Israel which means that they havent made any progress because the same was happening 3 weeks aho.

2.Israel wont be defeated in this, but neither will Hezbollah. Israel has tried the same thing 3 times in the last 20 years and failed everytime..its simply impossible because they are

A)Very powerful
    B) Well equipt
    C) Well funded
    D) not a conventional army

3.No, Sheikh Hassan has actually said this on TV and made similar threats in the past like this where he has actually acted on them. Only a fool would believe that they cant hit Tel Aviv.

4. Exactly, actually its been 3 weeks and the launchings havent stoped and they are going deeper into Israel.