The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

Discussion in '1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM' started by LBuzzer, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This nice Ferrari seems to be the inspiration of the C3 Corvette. Especially when viewing the side profile! Interesting... One could do alot worse!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

they both look good imo, this Ferrari looks like a batmobile (no in a bad way)

3. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

Its ok but I dont think this Ferrari enspired Chevy to make the C3.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

yea the profiles of the two cars are very much alike!

5. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

I dont know, interesting though.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

Lots of cars have (had in the era) curves like this..

You'd probably see it differently in person.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VICIOUS</i>
    <b>Lots of cars have (had in the era) curves like this..

You'd probably see it differently in person.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What is ure role, u seem to have lots of stars on ure account and lots of posts, and the advocate?
    cheers
    later<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

I waouldnt put it past chevy. They took a lot of the lines of the 69 camaro from the mercedes gull wing sl, so maybe this was part of their insperation for the C3; not a bad car to copy from though.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: The car that inspired the C3 'Vette?

I'm a moderator and I've been here for a long time. You get to change your rank at 10 000 posts. I had mine changed to advocate when you wrote that post.