The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Discussion in '2001 Chrysler LMP' started by avsfan21, Aug 10, 2002.

1. It had a 4th at Le Mans and then it was scarped. I still dont get the reasoning behind Chrysler wasting all the money to make it than race it in 2 races.

2. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from avsfan21</i>
    <b>It had a 4th at Le Mans and then it was scarped. I still dont get the reasoning behind Chrysler wasting all the money to make it than race it in 2 races.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOT

maybe they have money to burn,<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

maybe they wanted to burn some money<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

The chassis is not made for Chrysler only though. Dallara, the company who designed and built the chassis have now start making the same chassis for customer use. At least one customer chassis is now currently in use. The Doran Lister team in Grand AM(famous for using a 333SP chassis and put a Judd motor in it) have just ran their first race with their new Grand AM spec Dallara chassis. The car in Grand AM Sports Racer I trim has dual roll hoop as oppose to the single hoop design for Le Mans, and has much smaller rear diffuser. The car qualified 3rd for the Grand AM season finale at Daytona and lead briefly before finally retiring due to a gearbox problem.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

BTW, that car is not powered by the Mopar V8, but the GV4 Judd V10.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

hey i can honestly say i have never even seen anything like it before from chrysler that is

7. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Its a Chrystler. What kind of potential could it have? The potential to break down?

MOPAR = More Old Parts And Rust

8. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

vee8killer your a #$%#ing #%$

9. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

personally i dont like chryslers but it did look like it had potential

10. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

This car dose have potential, it won the Daytona 24 with a Judd motor.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

BTW, it was also entered as a Dallara-Judd and not a Chrysler<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Apparently, Oreca have retained one or two of the Dallara's. They will be using a new 5 liter Judd V10. Sounds promising!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

bob777

you don't like Chryslers but you have a picture of a viper?

14. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

WHAT CHRYSLER SHOULDVE DONE IS STICK WITH THE GTS VIPERS, THEY DOMINATED EVERYTHING THEY RAN IN. THIS CAN NO KEEP UP WITH THE AUDI'S AND BENTLYS<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

These #$%#ing rycers are annoying. I bet he drives a cheap, broke-ass Honda Prelude with a 10 inch exhaust. What a loser!

16. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Shadow, do me a favor and go quit on life you tool. And for the ass that you are, Mopar stands for More Parts. You damn tool.

17. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

so that explains why it looks like a Grand Am Racer.

18. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Ok pal, tell me this, what kind of car do you drive? I'm guessing its not a V8...

19. Re: The Chrysler LMP looked like it had potential

Mopar simply means "Motor Parts" which is not something we see that often anymore. We see crap like "Body Kit" companies and junk.

Dont hate on the best.....