the italian dodge viper??????

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by tha topp dogg, Mar 5, 2003.

1. both cars are front engined, rear wheel drive cars with amazing road presence and great drivers cars.
    but loads of people say the viper and the corvette are the best front engined rear drive cars ever but i say eh no because i reckon that this is the best ferrari ever built, just my opinion though.

2. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

Italian Dodge Viper??? what an insult!! Vipers can bow down to Italian workmanship and history that is in Ferrari.

3. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

I agree.

4. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

I guess I can ditch my ghetto translator, you learned to speak. And never compare a Ferrari to Viper again.

5. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

I don't think I could agree more. If this was an Italian Viper it would have more than 2.5 lts. more up front, less top end power, it would be ugly, and spin out of hairpins. This performs better overall...and is classier. That's why people pay more for it.

6. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

The Viper is a pretty good car considering it's under 100k, but a Ferrari 575, that's in a totally different class. Never call it the Italian Viper!!! Never ever!!!

7. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

i didnt mean that the viper had the same respect and class as the ferrari, im talkin bout how they perform and what not. this is just my opinion you could think im a mile away from them havin somethin in common

8. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

Right on!!!! American cars deserve their own category: The Shit CAtegory. You have to realize one thing, only Americans like American cars

9. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

the zo6 is the only american sports cari can stand forgetthe stats the viper will never be a corvette. but when ur talkin ferrari they both suck the ferrari has much more of an interier

10. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

It's a shame you're comparing these two cars. Viper's powerfull and quick, but it's like comparing an 80 year old woman and (eg.) Shakira.
    It doesn't work. Ferrari's are gorgeous, Vipers on the other hand...

11. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

how dumb can u be to compare a stupid american push rod car to this beauty. dont even talk about viper and ferraris in the same sentence unless its 575 is better than viper srt-10.

12. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

i can sort of see where hes coming from in my own little way......
    some consider the viper the best american car (i disagree), an some would consider this the best italian car.... get what im sayin?

i dont think its a good comparo, and sorry, not to be "americanist", but theres no way a viper could beat this. vipers loose to 360 modenas (i have a some road test somewere, get back to ya on that), so how could they beat this beast?
    i do like vipers though. they cool

13. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

Hey man American cars aren't that bad. They should never be compared to Ferrari's but the Z06 is a brilliant car and it's fairly cheap.

14. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

I'd have to agree. Whole heartedly. Viva Ferrari

15. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

you missed one thing- only Americans and people that know nothing about cars like american cars

16. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

no american car will ever be anything like a ferrari

17. Re: the italian dodge viper??????

i need footage or reading material of the 575 and the new viper competing against eachother. does anyone know where to get it? I know the 575 would crush it- i just want to see it.

18. Christ, there's alot of flat out retards on these forums...

For one thing, the Viper, with it's inferior pushrod engine, has already been proven faster that the 575M on both the straight AND the track more than once. Nevermind the fact that it costs over 100 grand less than this. So go ahead and call the Viper trash all you want, because when it comes down to it, you're dissing this car even worse...

As for the rest of America's cars being shit. The Ford GT absolutely destroys EVERY (that's right, every) Ferrari besides the 600+ thousand dollar enzo (which according to the newest issue of Motortrend is not that far behind). Then there's the '04 S7, which is just as fast, if not faster than the Enzo.

Damn, I just can't get over how #$%#ing stupid some people can be...

19. "Christ, there's alot of flat out retards on these forums...

For one thing, the Viper, with it's inferior pushrod engine, has already been proven faster that the 575M on both the straight AND the track more than once. Nevermind the fact that it costs over 100 grand less than this. So go ahead and call the Viper trash all you want, because when it comes down to it, you're dissing this car even worse...

As for the rest of America's cars being shit. The Ford GT absolutely destroys EVERY (that's right, every) Ferrari besides the 600+ thousand dollar enzo (which according to the newest issue of Motortrend is not that far behind). Then there's the '04 S7, which is just as fast, if not faster than the Enzo.

Damn, I just can't get over how #$%#ing stupid some people can be..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I must say one thing. Never believe what you read. I've smoked a HENNESSY Viper w/ my 575 on the track, and an SRT-10 off the light in SoCal. Not to mention that Saleen S7s are lagging on nearly every track event they enter when pitted against GT-Class 360s, so don't compare the S7 to the Enzo. Not to mention a little car called the Pagani Zonda, one of which is owned by a friend of mine, which costs like the S7 but runs like nothing you've ever seen. Oh, and as for the Ford GT, it has poor visibility, a reluctant chassis, only 500 horses from a SUPERCHARGED V8... get the point. Sure, the GT barely beat a 360 in a few tests (some went the other way, in case you were wondering) but when the Monza comes out... the GT better hide. Think of it like this... with 100 horses more, the GT could barely outrun the 360. The 430 Monza has nearly the same. Hope you had a nice time at the top, Ford GT... cause it's about to end. Oh, but back to the Viper... if any SRT-10 owners want to challenge me to a race... feel free to ask. Hell, I'll take it easy on you and use a 360 if you want.

20. "I've smoked a HENNESSY Viper w/ my 575 on the track, and an SRT-10 off the light in SoCal"

There are many factors to consider in street racing. With the right driver, a Mustang GT could smoke a Camaro SS. So that whole arguement is irrelevant.

"Not to mention a little car called the Pagani Zonda, one of which is owned by a friend of mine, which costs like the S7 but runs like nothing you've ever seen"

Yes, the Zonda is an amazing car, and you're pretty lucky to have a friend who owns one, but we weren't talking about that were we? All I'm doing when I bring up the GT and S7 is giving close minded Euro fanboys something to think about when they say American cars are slow pieces of shit.

"Oh, and as for the Ford GT, it has poor visibility, a reluctant chassis, only 500 horses from a SUPERCHARGED V8... get the point. Sure, the GT barely beat a 360 in a few tests (some went the other way, in case you were wondering) but when the Monza comes out... the GT better hide."

Do yourself a favor. Pick up the newest issue of MT and read the article that pits the GT against the Cerrara GT and Enzo. You'll be unpleasantly surprised to see just how close the GT is to the other 2, and laugh at the thought of it losing to a 360. Maybe the GT lost once or twice to a Stradale around a track, but for the most part, it creams it around the track (Car And Driver had the GT beating the Stradale around the track by over 2 seconds), and DEMOLISHES it on the straights.

"if any SRT-10 owners want to challenge me to a race... feel free to ask. Hell, I'll take it easy on you and use a 360 if you want"

Just refer back to my first arguement. Bottom line, the 575M is simply incapable of getting 11.7 in the 1/4 mile, 8.3 seconds in 0-100, and 3.8 seconds in the 0-60.

21. this is one level hingher than the dodge viper

22. Pssht. Not as far as performance is concerned...

Maybe in terms of "beauty and finesse" and all that nutless froo-froo bullshit.

23. Wait for the 430. Lighter, stronger, lower than the current 360. The first fully electronic differential to make sure that the rear tires get every last piece of power from the brand new, aluminium 4.3 v8. 490 naturally aspirated horses. An incredible 112.19 bhp/L versus a slopy 92.44 bhp/L even with a blower. Ferrari was hitting that figure in the 60's with its 250 and 275's. Lets all celebrate and embelish the Fords 15 minutes of being on top- before maranello unleashes it's newest monster.

24. Alright, I'll wait for it. That is if you wait for the upcomming SRT-10 coupe. 600 bhp. 100 lbs. shaven off. Much stiffer chassis. You know, no big deal.

As for this new 430 toppling the GT, doubt it, and strongly. The GT's straight line performance is comperable to the Enzo, and is not only a league higher than the 550M on the tracks, but it's a much better track car than even the "mighty" 360 CS. And then of course we have the GT's successor......