the most beautiful

Discussion in '1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe' started by Kondyo, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I have heard people say this is the most beautiful car of all times. I say I must agree. This thing has proven it is a timeless piece of beauty. What do yo guys think.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: the most beautiful

I like it but think it could use some updated wheels and tires. Why don't all car doors open up in this manner? Would be nice since my feet always hit my doors getting in or out.

3. Re: the most beautiful

definitely THE best looking car ever made, with the Vision SLR roadster a close 2nd, mercedes rule all

4. Re: the most beautiful

best lookin car in the 50`s then.. not in these days man.. Its a classic but Ive seen nicer cars sins this 1.

5. Re: the most beautiful

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from X Loco X</i>
    <b>best lookin car in the 50`s then.. not in these days man.. Its a classic but Ive seen nicer cars sins this 1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    i agree , but dthere is no such thing as THE most beutifull car of all times... diffrent times difrent cars....bu this one is one of the best ...along with the 356's, e-types, and bugatis <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: the most beautiful

not the most beautiful, maybe one of them. and i wouldn't want every doors on cars to open this way, i would want it like the Lamborghini, easier to open<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: the most beautiful

how can some one say that all old cars are ugly? i think this is truly a great car and i would love to own one tho it is not my favorite.

8. Re: the most beautiful

I don't really like classics cars, but can't really say that all old cars are ugly. You can say most classic cars are ugly (if you're not into it, like me), but THIS one, is very beautiful. One of the best looking cars every made.

9. Re: the most beautiful

For me, it's a tossup between this and the DB4 GT Zagato as the most beautiful classic cars of all time.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: the most beautiful

I have to agree it's one of the most beautiful cars ever built..and that remarkable engine..3.0 N/A producing 240bhp that's like 80bhp/litre in 1955.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: the most beautiful

This car looks great, This is definitely on my want list along with the new Gt-40 and a vintage Gt-500.

12. Re: the most beautiful

I think this is a veyr beautiful car indeed.
    And that engine is amazing for it's time.
    The only thing that I'm still recovering from, is that it's German. A beatiful, GERMAN car.... what a thought.

Mercedes would do well to do a remake of these, like Ford did with the GT40.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: the most beautiful

Why dont u lay of it is one of the crappest old cars ever i prefer to get a Ferrari Dino they are way better!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: the most beautiful

looks swift, allright i have to say for back then, now not so, i'm not a vintage car lover myself but i have to say they have a rightful place in motoring history.
    later<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: the most beautiful

If this is not the most beautiful car on everyones list it should follow a close second. Just look at the design lines on this car they are timeless and 50 years from now there will still be people saying how cool this car is. The only cars that i could see people liking more would be either the ferrari gto or the gt40. And if you like the timless lines on those cars u like them here.<!-- Signature -->