the new Skyline for North America

Discussion in '2001 Nissan GT-R Concept' started by importguy, Jul 10, 2003.

1. i've said it before and i'll say it again, the G35 is the Skyline. how do i know? well the G35 in Japan is called... the Skyline. the current G35 is the lower class Skyline, but the GT-R (concept shown here) will be commin soon to North America. it is not called the R35, it is called the V35 Skyline.

2. Re: the new Skyline for North America

please send this to the USA

3. Re: the new Skyline for North America

itz already here

4. Re: the new Skyline for North America

This car F#%king rocks!!

5. Re: the new Skyline for North America

shizzits i hope this won't be the new skyline
    #$%#n ugly

6. Re: the new Skyline for North America

Actually, plans are for the Infiniti GT-R for the US market will have a 5.4 naturally aspirated V8 rather than a turbocharged version of the VQ35 that other markets will receive, but is touted to make around 300kw. The apparent reason that Nissan do not want to sell the VQ35DETT in the US market is due to the mainetenance issues americans have in general, and the turbocharged engine has been deemed as too meticulous to maintain for general US consumers.

7. Re: the new Skyline for North America

Well, hopefully Gerrett, Precision Turbos or some of these other aftermarket companies will make some aftermarket parts for the 5.4 naturally aspirated V-8. It really doesnt matter to me which engine they choose as long as it still kicks Ass.

8. Re: the new Skyline for North America

3 problems with this

1. Front needs to get fixed up a bit
    2. Front looks too much like 350z design
    3. ENGINE - why take away the inline 6?????

Ok, i know they're not gonna change the engine, so ill live with that

on the other hand...they might change the front...?

9. Re: the new Skyline for North America

I agree that it looks a little too much like the 350z. Hopefully this is just a concept version and the actual production version has a different front fascia or front end.

10. Re: the new Skyline for North America

yea...the front needs a little bit more of a skyline look to it

11. Re: the new Skyline for North America

Sombody in another thread said that the head lights on the R34 has a look that bites back. I agree cuz thats what this Skyline needs. Its front end needs to look like it resembles the previous Skyline GTR-34.

12. Re: the new Skyline for North America

where is this 5.4 gonna come from? they make a 5.6 and a 4.5