The Nissan project car thread

Discussion in 'Modified / Tuned Cars' started by PoWeReD By NoS, Jun 7, 2008.

1. don't the wrinkles in the leather annoy the hell out of you?

2. they'r not always there. I actually only noticed as I read your post, and went to my garage to have a look, and its fine right now :/

Someone fat must have sat in it recently.

EDIT: mechanics. I'll blame them.

3. Thats a lot of money to put into an engine, although it has a higher chance of not blowing up than what I'm going to do. I'll be doing a turbo set-up on my sr20, but don't plan on upgrading the internals. It should be fine as long as I run low boost and have a good tune. I'm only looking for a little over 200hp, so I shouldn't have too much trouble.

4. Does the non turbo SR have the same internals as the turbo version?

5. No, the non turbo has different pistons as its a higher compression engine. It probably has a few other differences maybe, I don't really know. There are a few other strange differences, such as the turbo version uses coilpacks and the non turbo has a normal distributor.

6. I need to get back in the game, sold my R32 about a year ago now.

7. congradulations.

8. I'm tres sad, miss the thing. Depending on how things go I may look at a GTR in the near future.

9. R33

10. I prefer the R32 and wouldn't even consider an R33.

11. Nice. R32's are one of my favorites. I still want an R30 though.

In fact, next year, r32's will be legal to import to the US.

12. Dunno why so many people hate the R33. Ive always wanted an R33 GTR, but still can't justify RHD and kinda wanna stay out of the old school Nissan game, for reliability reasons. Anyway, how old does a car have to be to import to the States? 20? Hemi, would you be looking at a GTR or a GTS?

13. 25 years.

I just love the R32 for what it is and owning one has made me bias. Was never a fan of the R33. I've had no issue's really with my reliability so I'd get one again no problem.

14. I'd get a 4 door r32 probably. Still rather have an r30 skyline rs-turbo, which have been legal to import for a while, I'm just poor and no importer cares about cars like that.

Also, there's nothing wrong with old nissans reliability wise, as long as its not modified though. Mine has been super reliable, but its also slow.

15. I guess the only 'normal' issue I had was a slave cylinder die on me. Other than that, you know...

floorboard falling out, ebrake cable braking, trunk latch cable braking, pop up lights motors wearing out, dash board lights going out all of a sudden, brake lights going out all of a sudden, headlights going out all of a sudden, trunk lights staying on, door hinges dethreading themselves, lock cylinders breaking, electrical fires... you know. That being said the SR20 was rock solid/amazing in every aspect, but I'm just not willing to put up with any of those weird kinds of problems anymore. The nice thing about the JDM cars though is rust pretty much isn't an issue, which would have alleviated half of my problems, including the busted cables too I suspect.

pureeuro's car was a trouble free JDM, hemi's is a UDSM in a place where rusty cars pretty much don't exist. Given the condition of 240's here, I don't think I'd ever buy another old Nissan unless it was my summer only car. Which is why I should just buy a G35.

edit: and if I did buy another 240 one day, I'd get a 180SX instead and them do a LHD conversion

16. Buy a UDSM model as you noted, it's very common. I'm looking at 350's/370's as well depending on the price and how much I'm comfortable with spending.

17. I guess you have a point though considering I bet half this thread is about fixing a problem not adding a modification.

18. Sadly, yes. Anyway 350's you can get pretty dirt cheap now. If they had rear seats I'd probably get one over a G since they are cheaper. You're in Toronto, right? How bad are cars out there for rust? I see ultra cheap G35's out there but I do worry.

19. What kind of car are you looking for? More of a sports car or more of a daily driver friendly/4 door? Or something in between?

20. me or pureeuro? I'm looking for a sports car, with reasonable practicality. Cars that came up on my list when I sold the 240: RSX Type S, G35 Coupe, and the Mazdaspeed 3.

21. I don't want a G35 just because of the poser sports car image and it's a first gen. The depreciation is huge on those cars and I personally don't find them attractive anymore. The 350Z is the same way and surprisingly enough the R32 still stands out to me.

22. g35 is the only thing I can think of that isn't too old, will be sporty but also practical. If you didn't want extra space I'd say get an s2000 because they're exelent cars. Or possibly a miata. You could always get a bmw 3 series.

23. I never really liked the g35/350z. I just didn't like driving them. I think the 370z is better though. As I stated in my previous post, I'd get an s2000 over a 350z.

I do agree about the r32 though, and wouldn't mind having one. Maybe next year, but by then I'm sure there will be alot more here in the US, as not just r32's, but also the silvia and 180sx will be old enough to import.

24. I'd pick an S2000 over a 350Z any day. If you're not going to have rear seats, you might as well have a fun as possible of a car, and go for a roadster.

The 370Z I am a big fan of though.

25. friend of mine has just finished this