The Real BOSS...

Discussion in '1969 Ford Mustang BOSS 429' started by muzzy66, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This is no BOSS

The Boss 429 was one of the most badass musclecars of the day. But I think it might have been even more appropriate as a Boss 429 Torino. The Mustang's always been for of a sports car, less of a musclecar.

2. Re: This is no BOSS

Lol, notice how he hasn't said anything back? Gee that 427 Cammer was an awesome engine! 1st-6th in the NASCAR? Fucking hell thats quick! Superbirds are still a good car though, but I agree that they are too heavy, Charger Daytonas were awesome aswell!

3. Re: This is no BOSS

how could anyone possibly argue with the fact that shelby took the stock 65 fastback, disagreed with it, and turned it into a car worthy of the term racing car

the handling, braking, speed etc were all upgraded

thus i would choose a 68 mustang shelby GT500 KR over this any day of the week

the hertz rental car company actually bought almost 1000 gt 350's which made up something like 40% of the gt 350's sales, people would rent them for the weekend, race them on sunday, win, and return them on monday with hertz none the wiser

4. Re: This is no BOSS

If you knew anything about muscle cars you would know that the 429 BOSS has the nascar racing engine in it with hemispherical combustion chambers. that would mean that its also a hemi, which explains why people call the motor a twisted hemi. The boss is severly underrated and ive personally seen one stock smoke a stock hemi.

5. Re: This is no BOSS

you know nothin of what you speak of.