The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

Discussion in '1964 Cheetah GT V8' started by BigVettPhile, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

Just remember the AC wasn't desighned be Shelbey. At least the Cheetah was original. Besides, since when do looks win races?

2. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

I'm a huge fan of the Shelby 427 Cobra, but ya gotta admit that the cheetah is another awesome car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

im not saying the cobra is a bad car...but i think that the Cheetah has a little more engineering and research and development gone into it. they were definetely heading in the right direction with moving the engine back, and other tricks like that. Im not saying one is better than the other, but i would choose the cheetah over the cobra.

i think i saw this car in action on a show called "MY CLASSIC CAR" with the host with the curly mustache.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

well if chevrolet put its aluminum 454 in the cheetah then the shelby cobra would die. I am a huge shelby fan, but chevrolet has made some pretty bad ass cars.

5. Cobra killer!

Chevy's entire goal in this car was to create a car that could beat the Cobra: a COBRA KILLER! The car has incredible specs. With 52% of its dry weight on the rear wheels, the Cheetah can actually be classified as a mid-engine car. In its short career, the Cheetah reached speeds never dreamt of by Cobra fans. This car would have grown to become a racing legend but due to lack of support from Chevy and then the factory burning down, the career of the Cheetah barely got off the ground.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

I doubt this car would have took off. It was too little too late. However if it was made 5 years before 1964 it would have been a different story.

BTW, I love how you chevy fans dis the cobra. I mean after all, they (chevrolet) CUT Shelby from their team, and then look what happened.

Nothing a 427 Cobra S/C couldnt handle. McLaren F1 can barely beat a S/C in a straight line.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 96 NSX-T</i>
    <b>Nothing a 427 Cobra S/C couldnt handle. McLaren F1 can barely beat a S/C in a straight line.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What a ridiculously stupid idea! The base Model 1997 McLaren F1 has a 0-60mph time of 3.2 seconds and a top speed of 240mph. The cobra does 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds and has a top speed of 165mph. The cobra wouldn't stand a chance.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: The shelby Cobra 427 is way better.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MoparMuscle273</i>
    <b>im not saying the cobra is a bad car...but i think that the Cheetah has a little more engineering and research and development gone into it. they were definetely heading in the right direction with moving the engine back, and other tricks like that. Im not saying one is better than the other, but i would choose the cheetah over the cobra.

i think i saw this car in action on a show called "MY CLASSIC CAR" with the host with the curly mustache.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ya i was watching that

dennis gage is a lucky mofo <!-- Signature -->