The world's sweetest car

Discussion in '1995 Ford GT90 Concept' started by EliteWolverine, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The world's sweetest car

Isnt something to brag about oh really, then some chevy boys dont know there cars and sh** to well do they...

Can we say toyota twin turbo v-6 pumping out 320hp...well it lauches from 0-60 in 5.1 secs just about the same as a vette with a v-8 and much cheaper too...

well ford took that kinda of idea but put two of those engines together and instead of getting 640hp out of it got 720hp out of it...now lets see can we brag about getting 360hp out of a 3.0L v-6 u bet we can and so could anyone else who did it...

plus ur v-8 is only pushing 345 hp (thats the max out of the production vettes)...and well a v-6 that is way smaller that is pumping out more than ur larger v-8 sounds good to me

Know ur stuff before u talk and know one more thing...

IF I WANTED UR OPINION I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO U....LOL CHEVY NOW THERES AN IDEA...BOWTIE THIS BABY...OH WAIT HE CANT EVEN MATCH THIS CARS PERFORMANCE I FORGOT...NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD BYE

2. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>Isnt something to brag about oh really, then some chevy boys dont know there cars and sh** to well do they...

Can we say toyota twin turbo v-6 pumping out 320hp...well it lauches from 0-60 in 5.1 secs just about the same as a vette with a v-8 and much cheaper too...

well ford took that kinda of idea but put two of those engines together and instead of getting 640hp out of it got 720hp out of it...now lets see can we brag about getting 360hp out of a 3.0L v-6 u bet we can and so could anyone else who did it...

plus ur v-8 is only pushing 345 hp (thats the max out of the production vettes)...and well a v-6 that is way smaller that is pumping out more than ur larger v-8 sounds good to me

Know ur stuff before u talk and know one more thing...

IF I WANTED UR OPINION I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO U....LOL CHEVY NOW THERES AN IDEA...BOWTIE THIS BABY...OH WAIT HE CANT EVEN MATCH THIS CARS PERFORMANCE I FORGOT...NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD BYE</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Talk about not knowing your stuff, production vettes max out at 345hp thats funny. 2002 Z06 405hp 400 ft. lbs of torque. vettes do 0-60 in around 4 flat, a lot faster than 5.1 and thats only .9 sec. slower than a quad turbo hybrid v12 thats in this gt90. And the non turbo vette v8 is alot smaller than that v12. And like I said before, 360 hp out of a twin turbo v6 isn't something to brag about. All those damn jap. cars do that. Supras, rx-7, skylines. It would be impressive if ford got 360hp out of a non-turbo engine, but out of a tt engine nah. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The world's sweetest car

THIS CAR IS BAD ASS

4. Re: The world's sweetest car

somehow i dont think they could make this nasty piece of dung for 105,000, and if they did, it would be for LeMans homoligation, not for profit. This car sucks and blows simultaneously.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliteWolverine</i>
    <b>well some likes repeating wat i say....sorry i didnt take into acount for the zo6 corvette....but then again the cobra r comes really damn close and in the drag test if it wasnt for the cobra having to change gear toward the end it would have beat the vette in the quarter or tied it....so yes ford can make just as fast as cars but see u dont seem to understand that getting a car to launch under that 4 sec mark is really hard...once u hit 4.1 4.0 4.2 getting it below comes down to nit picking...like tenths off gear ratios tire temps sizes altitudes differential stiffness suspension throttle responce fuel flow computer progaming fuel pumps.....on and on and on....4 seconds is hard to get to and i give props to the vette for doing it but then again the cobra with its smaller engine can do the same...so can the saleen s351, s396, so can the roush stage 3 so can the steeda q mustang that can do 0-150-0 in 23.1 seconds....any way i bet if u put more horses in the zo6 vette it times will be no better than wat it can do right now....for reasons listed above and way more reasons that could follow.....

so thats one of the reasons the lambo v-12 6.0L is the fastest in everything and is a production cuz they took the time and did all the nit picking of everything and well to date it is the fastest car that road and track and car and driver have tested in the 1/4 mile on stock tires...it even beats the vipers and vettes that have slicks on to get those times and it does it with stock tires

so dont come here talking about vettes yes their pretty fast but its that .9 seconds that kicks ur vettes as* and when technology comes into hand.....and well that extra 2 seconds the vette takes to do in the 1/4 mile than the gt90, well that also is technology that ford has done and thats why its considered a super car, not a suped up sports car...oh yea in the 1/4 that 720hp takes over and whoops up the vette z06....

so in light of all this shit down shup up and drive a ford...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you are comparing a million dollar concept car to a $48k regular production car. And what about the camaro zl1, 0-60 in 2.7, topspeed of 230mph, no turbos on an engine smaller than a v12. So how good can this car be if it can't beat a non turbo v8. Its a decent car, but not the best. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The world's sweetest car

well were to start lets see...

that v-8 that comes in the zl1 concept well its bigger than the v-12 that comes in the gt90...another thing since its bigger u know wat kind of gas milage u would get this one gets above 13mpg while that zl1 concept would get less than 10...

now i never said u cant get v-8 do pump out power, no i didnt, but in order for them to pump out that much power they have to be relatively alot bigger than the engine with more cylinders i.e. gt90

another example as used before is the 427 v-8 used in the gt40 well its 8.0L and v-12's that do the same power are 6.0L so the v-8 is actually considered to be bigger than the v-12 and in reality it is...

so the fact that the zl1 concept has a bigger engine i dont see why not it cant go faster but then when u look at the body, u know it cant handle worth sh** that my dog does in the back yard once it hits above 160...look high center of gravity no body kit and i bet above 160 its so unstable that its scary just to go in a straight line more or less turn...

now with this car it was designed to stick to the ground above 160, so it is more stable and would be hell of a more fun to drive on a race track, which most super cars are designed to do...unlike the zl1 which can only go straight...let it meet up with the gt90 and i bet my hole savings and car and house that the gt90 will run circles around it on the track and probably even lap it...

now drag strip we dont know now do we for it doesnt have the 1/4 time which is kind of iffy...becuz when u run 0-60 u usually run the 1/4 mile at the same time, meaning that the 0-60 is clocked during the 1/4 mile run

AND OH ITS NOT A MILLION DOLLAR CAR BY THE WAY...IN FACT FORD WAS THINKING OF SELLING IT FOR A NICE KEWL 105,000 WHEN THEY WERE DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT TO PRODUCE IT AND RUN IT AT THE LEMANS...SO NO ITS NOT A MILLION DOLLARS BUT 105,000

7. Re: The world's sweetest car

SHUT THE f#CK UP IVAN YOU SAID AMERICAN CARS SUCK ASS SO THERE FOR YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE ANY COMMENTS ON THIS CAR YOU STUPID##$%

8. Re: The world's sweetest car

This car sucks!!!!
    you sucks!!! all of you american car lover!!!

look at the design.. awful.... like feces paint in white!!!!
    now take a look at the ferraris.....
    uncompareable!!!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: The world's sweetest car

OK. Say it with me now: 6.0L QUAD turbo V-12. Only 720hp. This is pathetic! Quad turbos! That's 4 of them. You seem to agree with Ford in saying that this is impressive. With all this displacement and all those cylinders and 4 F@#%ing turbos, all ford can manage to squeeze out of theis engine is 720HP!!!!!!!!

You mentioned the Toyota 6 cylinder. It is a 3.0L Inline 6. In stock twin turbo form, in the Supra RZ, it puts out 320hp. If you took half of this ford engine, It would be a 3.0L Twin turbo V-6 with 360hp. This IS more than the Toyota, but the Toyota is, shall we say, de-tuned, and its not part of a "High Tech" concept.

An example of how much better the Toyota is than the ford: You can buy a used Supra Turbo in excellent condition for $30,000 or less. If you buy just an additional $1400 in bolt-on parts, you can get 460hp out of the 3.0L I-6.

The "High Tech" ford also weighs 3200lbs. This is the same as the $30,000 Supra. Only, the Ford has to use a bunch of advanced materials to achieve this.

As you can see, this car isn't really impressive. With its 6.0L Quad Turbo V-12, advanced materials and vomit inducing "functional" design, it still manages to suck.

10. Re: The world's sweetest car

If you want my opinion, this is a complete POS. what we have got here, is a car that UNFORTUNATELY requires space shuttle covering for the engine (extremely expensive to buy and to maintain), which is totally worthless. I've said this before, and I'll say this again, MOST AMERICAN CARMAKERS SUCK....especially ford. They took a muggin V12, put quad turbo in it, and only got 720 horsepower, that is extremely lame if you ask me. Also, who the hell wants to buy a car that looks like THAT!!! it is ugly as shit...my 10 year old brother could do a much better job on the body than the engineers from ford. So no wonder it never was put in production!<!-- Signature -->

11. I would be the first to post and say

THIS CAR 0WN J00Z!!

12. Re: The world's sweetest car

Honestly?
    This car doent own that much, if it did...how come it never made it into production?

13. Re: The world's sweetest car

It seems Ford is planning a limited run of a modern interpetation of the Ford GT40 supercar of the 60's,its said that it will be introduced sometime during 2004 or 2005 but maybe it wont be called the GT90.

Ivanhoe!
    ---------------------------
    Drive faster!

14. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from christofurr</i>
    <b>Honestly?
    This car doent own that much, if it did...how come it never made it into production?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

this car kicks ass, maybe it didn't make it into production because it is too high tech or too expensive to make<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: The world's sweetest car

fo one time I agree wit that "dippin in cadillac" dude(he's still a fruity loser though), this is a sweet ass car and any one who disagrees is a retard.

16. Re: The world's sweetest car

ok um id have to say that the only reaason why Ford might not release this car into production is because of the interrior enclosure. Its insane driving in a car which only has glass or glass-resembling materials surrounding you. Just think of all having to clean up the birdshit that might land on the transparent roof while your out with your honey! Its still a nice car. i wouldent mind having one.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: The world's sweetest car

its definetly a sweet car, but it looks like it would be way to expensive to make extensive quantities of, thats alot of HP

18. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprezawrx14</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from christofurr</i>
    <b>Honestly?
    This car doent own that much, if it did...how come it never made it into production?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

this car kicks ass, maybe it didn't make it into production because it is too high tech or too expensive to make</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

indeed.... high tech = high costs...
    and the GT90 was a high tech showcase, that's why it never went into production...

But the sight of one even in that rotating carpeted base at the auto show... is something to remember...<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: The world's sweetest car

One of the sweetest cars? More like one of the gayest cars ever made. Any 4 year old retard could squeeze out 700+ HP from a QUAD-TURBO V-12!!! Yes thats right, QUAD TURBO!!! How gay is that? Ford has to go with the obvious way to increase horsepower and they call it high-tech. I would gladly give them credit if they used more conventional means. Lingenfelter pushed out 880 HP from a twin-turbo V-8, keeping it mind it had more HP than a Quad-turbo V-12. How did they screw that one up?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: The world's sweetest car

this waste of metal didnt make it into production because it looks like an accident. Never before have I seen such an edgy and high tech looking turd. If i were to shape a cars body with a meat cleaver, just for humor, it would look similar to this. I have to laugh at its absolute lack of pleasing aesthetics. Also I think they should have named it the Concept Poop because it brings shame to the GT40 name. And quad turbos? 12 cylinders? And only 720 hp?!?!?!? Send it to trd and theyll double that output, and put the ugly bodywork out of our misery as well.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: The world's sweetest car

This is an incredible car! I think Ford didn't build it because of cost as others have said. The underside of the car gets so hot that they had to use the same tiles as are used on the space shuttle!<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: The world's sweetest car

Um what the f.. is with this bais thing towards shevy guys? Um the Corvete looked like crap yes it was fast but I think it looks like shit! Thisis work of art if you ask me! Body made out of material used on space shutle because the cars engine compartment reaches 900F now that is some cool shit!

23. Re: The world's sweetest car

Yes that's why this car is decidedly High tech stuff...
    that's a cool solution to the engine heat problem, just like on the McLaren F1, but then they used gold (real gold laminae) to isolate the cabin from the engine compartment.

Uhhm about the large glass roof and all that, well... many concept cars have it, I guess it just looks ultra cool, cmon, the VW Concept 1 had one, so did many GM concepts back in the late 80's/early 90's (anyone remember the Buick wildcar or the pontiac banshee?) bt of course this is ilegal, as glassroof does not offer structural integrity in case of a rollover...<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: The world's sweetest car

When you say that the car was not built because of pricing you are correct..... However the problem was that over a long period of time, for the cost of repairing the car when damaged or replacing worn parts on reg. maintenance checks, you could have gone out and baught one or more new cars. The 90 was high tech but that also ment high maintenance costs.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: The world's sweetest car

well, i think i will have to agree with BigHairyCamel and Daytona365 on this one. Ford (as usual) did a half assed job on a car that had good potential. Im sure that if they handed it over to the viper crew of the good people at toyota that created the veilside supra, much better performance could be pumped out of this otherwise good idea. FORD sucks, I bet even the "certified blue oval" has broken apart a few times. If you look close you can see a tiny fracture right in the middle ok the D at the end. Every one has it, look closly. Its there, just another half assed job made by ford.