There is a turbo version of this!

Discussion in '2000 Lotus Elise 111S' started by McLaren_Man, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Thats right and it has 200 odd bhp recently got my Elise upgraded with the turbo pure quality just got purerer.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

Turboing an Elise is not a good thing, in my book. This car is all about responsiveness and communication with the driver, and the turbo adds lag, something that counteracts the purpose of this vehicle. Unless it is a ball bearing, ceramic turbine, ultra-lightweight, very small turbo, it would degrade the responsiveness of the engine. I wouldn't make that sacrifice for power.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

I agree with Lancia. 4 cyl V-tecs give up to 240 hp, or 200 with great mpg.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

I think it needs the deceased prelude type R 2.4 liter engine, it made 290 horsepower<!-- Signature -->

5. #5 colin, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: There is a turbo version of this!

Well Duh, Why dont u have a look at my godfathers website if u want more info on a supercharged Elise www.turbotechnics.com its got some pretty godd specs. on it

6. #6 Bukem, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: There is a turbo version of this!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from colin</i>
    <b>Well Duh, Why dont u have a look at my godfathers website if u want more info on a supercharged Elise www.turbotechnics.com its got some pretty godd specs. on it </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Colin,

can you get me a discount? ;-)

7. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

Guys, its not about HP, its all about torque. Sure those VTEC engines produce a lot oh HP but torque sucks. A turbo adds incredible torque at very low RPM, that's what everyone needs. Not a nasty 207.4 nm/153.0 ft lbs @ 7500 rpm like the honda s2000.

8. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

Sorry mate cant do discouts

9. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

What's all the talk on Honda engines by some of you guys. Its an MG/Rover engine not a Honda.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

since this car is so light, adding all that power from the turbo would make it's wheels spin a lot, making it not that good handleing. i think this car could only go with fine tuned n/a engines for the best performence. low end torque won't realli matter because the race car approch of disign is purely for track, as ppl could take the car there for some fun in the weekends. as long as they know how to down shift this car would work fone for them. down shift is part of the fun! <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

I have this untested theory that increasing horsepower on a light car will not cause any more wheel spin than on a heavy car, because just as the traction is determined in part by mass, the resistance to acceleration is determined by mass. The only reason that the wheelspin could increase is because the horsepower to weight ratio is higher for a small car. Adding 100 HP to a 1000 pound car should have the same effect on wheelspin and acceleration as adding 200HP to a 2000 pound car.

12. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

i think this car would use HP not torque... a hummer needs torque, a semi truck needs torque... not an elise... an elise aint gonna be towin anything or goin up 45 degree sand dunes... and i agree, it shud stay NA, or supercharged. turbo lag on a handlein car is big trouble.

13. Re: There is a turbo version of this!

I made the engine bay bigger, and dropped a Ferrari v12 twin turbo in it. i no it sacrificed handling but it is still pretty good in those turns