these cars haul ass

Discussion in '1992 Mazda 323 Familia GT-R' started by venomGTR, Nov 15, 2002.

1. shame about the shitty gearbox in these cars. start modding and you'll blow the gearbox first. GTiR wins from being tougher and with a pedigree of hi-po nissans to draw from

had a ride in one of these that had 400hp.... thats right kids 400hp in a fricken hatchback.

2. Re: these cars haul ass

The transmission is factory designed and produced to meet other factory standards, not designed for heavy mods. If you wanna mod heavily, mod the tranny too.

3. Re: these cars haul ass

hell i bet with 400hp and 4wd the o-60 times like 4 sec.

4. Re: these cars haul ass

The GTiRs ive herd about have all been very fragile.
    again, gearboxes seem to be the main weakness, obviously initially designed for the 100hp regular models and not able to take the extra strain.
    Budget 1/4mile demons though, especially the Nissan.

5. Re: these cars haul ass

we call these GTX's in NZ

at least i THINK theyre the same

1.8 inline 4 turbo
    4wd?

ya the same

6. Re: these cars haul ass

i read in speed magazine that if you change the exhaust on this thin and you get 220KW!

7. Re: these cars haul ass

the gtx and the gtr are two different models.

8. Re: these cars haul ass

GO the Familias.

GTX=vj-20, IHI RHB5
    GTR=vj-23, ball bearing, IHI RHF6, (Equivalent to a T03e), Trim I think is 63mm and 65mm

9. Re: these cars haul ass

this car is HORRIBLE. A. its slow B. it looks like a pile of shit C. its #$%#in asian

10. Re: these cars haul ass

yur an idiot zo6guy454

11. Re: these cars haul ass

The GTX is the inferior model without the hand built BP motor. You can tell a GTX from a GTR as a GTR has 5 bolt wheel hubs and the GTX has 4.