These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by 2003 ss R, Dec 22, 2002.

1. The pics. with the Z06 that's greyish is a 2003 Z06 not the 2002. Also the 2003 Z06 has better handling then the 2002! It actually handles better then the 2003 viper!

2. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Correct me if Im wrong but isn't the 0-60 on the '03 slower than the '02, did they change the gearing?

3. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Nothing changed.

4. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Except the handling.

5. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

how did it change?

6. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Am I the only one not seeing any pics?

7. #7 joelbergZ06fanatic, Jan 19, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

ARE YOU F¬CKING STUPID??!?!?!?!??!?

How many times do you see a guy in a corvette just "picking up" some random blonde with fake boobs? ....never.
    thats what i thought!
    A Corvette is a classy, classic, muscle car that has handling manners comparable to pretty much ANY rYcer POS.

The Z06 has the MOST VALUE out of ANY "super-car" there is out there. A stocker Z06 can keep pace with a 355 with a good driver, and WOOP on it with just a simple, low pressure blower on it; all for $40,000 LESS!

Simply put, all who trash the Corvette are stupid, uneducated IDIOTS who dont know sh¬t about cars. If you stopped and examined the facts for a moment, maybe, just maybe, you would see how good the Corvette really is. While it is definitely not a contender to a V12 Diablo VT6.0 or whatever they are now a days, it sure has more value than one.

If i had the $300,000 to pay for that Lambo, i would just put 55k down on the Z06, and put 10k into the engine. A $65,000 Corvette would then be a contender with any Ferrari or Lambo from the factory.

Or, take for example, a Lingenfelter TT C5 Corvette, this Corvette is still worth $220,000 less than the Lambo, but can pull a faster 1/4!

1.9 sec zero to sixty b¬tch!

http://www.geocities.com/biglisto#%$s/VipergetsstompedbyVETTE.avi
    to see the 9.9 second vette...I am 99% sure that this vette is worth much less than any Lambo or Ferrari you will find out there, and is just as fast, AND can still handle pretty damn well indeed

8. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

No one in this thread was even trashing Corvettes, you need to pull your head out of your ass and post worthwhile comments.

9. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

The ones on the car page, the grey ones.

10. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

No I think he was talking about the guy that started this thread. He said he had some pics of the new '03 ZO6, because I don't see them either.

11. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

I'm sorry I didn't get it at first but I get it now, SORRY.

12. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Quote - "how did it change?"

I have read that they tuned the suspension to make it better. I don't know if it's true though, because it was off of the internet and you can't trust much off of the internet. Anyway can anyone confirm this?

13. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

The Corvette has always handled better than the viper.

14. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

15. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

16. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

First off, I don't think there are any changes for the 2003 Z06. If there is any, then would some one please put up a post the website that shows the changes. And second, I've also heard and read some rumors which say that the new viper has better handling than the Z06. And again, if that rumor is true, can some one confirm it by giving me evidence of some sort?

17. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

It probably gained weight somehow

18. Re:

New vette design- what the corvette needs.

19. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

that was just the motor trend test right?
    nothing really changed
    it could have been different humidity or a different driver
    so they are both capable of the same times actually

20. #20 1970Chevelle454LS7, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

in the Speeding article from motortrend
    the viper has finally gotten big enough brakes to beat the corvettes stoping distance and the test show it handles pretty good and better (in the test that they ran specificly i'm not saying that in general vipers handle better) than the Zo6
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0306_spdtest/index.html

21. Re: These pictures are of the 2003 Z06!

Hey there are two things I don't get with the Z06...

1° : What is the difference of a corvette Z06 and a C5 Coupé in the design ? I know very well corvettes, but I don't know that...

2° : Is the speed limit (275 km/h) electronically limitated ? Or it is the maximum speed ?
    This car is so fast, powerful, so good... Tell me it can get faster !