They almost got it right.

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by IvanKaramazov, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 IvanKaramazov, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: They almost got it right.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from casurfer911</i>
    <b>Sorry Bro, the reason the car gets the power that it does is because the rotary engine has a combustion cycle every 1/3 turn, while a normal engine has a combustion cycle once every 4 turns. Check it out at www.howstuffworks.com, and look up rotarty engine. Its really cool.

ps. i love this car, everything besides the fact that i can't afford it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Rotary engines really cools! German cars and engines are great

2. Only one flaw, though. Too many doors. If they had stuck with a coupe version, this would have been dynamite! RX-8 Sedan? Doesn't sound right.
    But the engine is awesome. I gotta give Mazda credit for their innovation in utilizing this unique engine configureation. If you think about it, it's a much more efficient design. Instead of pushing pistons up and down, you get rotors that only spin in one direction; no reverse action to start slowing things down. Thats why it reaches such phenominal revs. It takes much less of an internal beating than a piston configuration.

3. Re: They almost got it right.

you can tell they were reluctant to include the rear doors - practically hiding them

4. Re: They almost got it right.

this car was meant for four doors. mazda is planning o releasing the rx-7 to the U.S. again depending on the sales of the rx-8. thats the reason why this car gets four doors.

5. #5 casurfer911, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: They almost got it right.

Sorry Bro, the reason the car gets the power that it does is because the rotary engine has a combustion cycle every 1/3 turn, while a normal engine has a combustion cycle once every 4 turns. Check it out at www.howstuffworks.com, and look up rotarty engine. Its really cool.

ps. i love this car, everything besides the fact that i can't afford it.