They stole Miata And Z3 designs

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by BeautyOfMuscle, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

This VS M3

2. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

The M3 win but by a little in my perspective the bmw dosent have as many tuning parts. The bmw is electronically limited to its top speed the hondas not. The honda is $12000 cheaper. The bmw has more hp 343,the s2000 has 240 2.0 liter engine the bmws qurter mile is faster but only one sec. I'm not saying neter honda or bmw are bad cuse I like both. The s2000 is faster around the slomom by 1mph at 69.3mph.
    The s2000 high reaving vtec gets it to go 163mph a new test ok not old. The bmws is 155mph out of a inline 6. so if you have (?) please ask me I will hopfully anwser them.

3. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

WHAT????? WHAT THE #$%#???? ISNŽT IT #$%#ING OBVIOUS, THAT THE MOTHA#$%#ERS MIATA AND Z3 STOLE THE #$%#ING DESIGN FROM THIS BLOODY MARVELLOUS HONDA!! THIS IS A #$%#ING GREAT CAR WITH A HELL OF A PERFORMANCE AND IF S2000,THE #$%#ING UGLY MIATA AND THE SLOW MOTHA#$%#ER Z3 WOULD #$%#ING COMPETE AGAINST EACHOTHERS, THE #$%#ING S2000 WOULD KICK THEIR #$%#ING UGLY MONKEYASSES ANY #$%#ING DAY!

4. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

ok you dont have to cuse that much. I thank you for likeing the s2000. All the other american car loves hate all the cars on the honda forum. You the only one who likes them and american cars.

5. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

Are you 4 real??? the miatas design is old and desperatly needs remodling (altho mazda is planning one GOOD 4 THEM) it is nothing comparible to the s2000. On the other hand, although i do enjoy the z3's design, this car i have to say is the opposite of the s2000. While on the subect tho... S2000 vs z3 who would win? id havta say z3 hands down... sorry buddy, this car is one of a kind... :nut

6. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

7. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

To the person who said this car had to have at least 20 inch rims, you'll see on the front page that it's tire and wheel size is 205/55VR-16....notice the 16 at the end there? Yes, 16 inch rims.

To the person who said that one guy was the only American who likes this car and American ones too....what the heck? I love this car, and I love American cars too. And I'm American. And I'm sure there's more people like me too.

8. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

all origanil...

9. #34 Afterburn, Dec 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

First off, the Miata AND Z3 came BEFORE the S2000.

Second, the greatest form of flattery is immitation. What's wrong with design cues being carried over between companies (so long as they look good)??

Third, to the person who used ALL-CAPS, I will quote a famous internet site here and say "Seven sixteenths of one inch: That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. I know the burden of pressing shift to capitalize is a great one, but c'mon [random name], you can do better than that."
    - http://maddox.xmission.com/

Fourth, Thank you, all-caps person, for not bashing a Japanese car because it's not American. I have to say, though, I can see the beauty in [some] American cars AND foreign cars. I'm American, too.

Fifth, The RX-8 does have a VERY similar rear end to the S2000. I noticed that the first time I saw it. That said, the rest of the car looks nothing like the S2000.

Sixth, The RX-8 and S2000 engines are COMPLETELY different. One isn't even a 4-stroke. That said, they may be tuned similar...don't know.

P.S. If you doubt the "famous internet site," look up the stats...His site is ranked 5892nd amongst sites last year (in terms of traffic). For a reference, Yahoo is number 1, MSN is 2, Google is 3, etc. Coke is ~12,000th. McDonalds is closer, with ~6300th site. And, as always said after such a thing, sorry for the long post.

10. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

First, they didn't stole any design.
    Because, the miata is one of the ugliest and smallest roadster in the world.
    And the Z3 is one of the simpliest roadster in the world.
    Thirs, Honda maked up the best and the prettiest roadster (of his category) in the world.
    The s2000 has his style, almost all guys who want to tune his car takes the rear taillights of the s2k or Lexus.
    There is so many thing to say that I won't continue, just one last thing ; the only parts ugly on the s2k (original parts) are the rims...

11. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

I own an MX-5 Miata (2003) and an S2000 (2001). IMO these cars have none similarity what so ever. Along with BMW Z3 all these are roadsters and this is their only common thing!

12. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

I don't like the location of the handbrake, difficult to pull on the fly.

13. Re: They stole Miata And Z3 designs

---
    First off, the Miata AND Z3 came BEFORE the S2000.
    ---

And the Lotus Elan came before any of them. The original Miata copied the Elan down to the door handles. The reason they copied the original Elan for the Miata design is because they had such good luck copying its successor, the Elan 2+2 for their original RX-7 design. Datsun copied Jaguar and Aston Martin for their 240Z. Honda copied Ferrari for the NSX... the list is a long one.

It is pretty rich to try to accuse one Japanese car company of stealing a design from another when no Japanese car company has ever produced an original design. Also it isn't theft, it is inspiration.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. They make great cars - technologically advanced, immaculately engineered and unquestionably reliable. They just aren't original in terms of styling.