This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by plumber60, Feb 18, 2003.

1. This car equalled the time that the Lambo Murc set, going round a test track. The only difference was that the Lambo had a dry track and the NSX ran on a Wet track, and through testing on the same track they know that roughly 4 seconds should be deducted from the time to give a fairly accurate dry time.
    That means a 290hp NSX beat a 600hp+ Lambo Murc by around 4 seconds!!!!!!!!!

2. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

That crazy! The NSX has always been known for its agility on the track, but this just doesnt make sense, could u give me a website with some stats on this?

3. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

HAHAHAAHAHAHA its ture!!!!!
    I doubt this is the same video but Best Motoring from Japan did a dream supercar race (like they do each year) and the NSX-R was totally killing the Murcielago around the corners. Though the Murcielago posted a quicker qualifying record around this track, it only did so on the straights.
    It can be found on Kazaa. Not sure about any websites. title is Best Motoring Supercar race, around 34mb. All drivers are professional race drivers amoung the Jap GT and Lemans so its a very good and reliable review.

4. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Thats true.
    Lamborghini have traditionally designed their cars for show. It has a very impressive engine I agree but these days you look for quality in the total package, and lap times are a good indicator of that.
    It is still a huge improvement from the Diablo but looks like it still has a long way to go.

5. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

I like your sig.

I'm not finding that video clip on Kazaa Lite, is that the right title

6. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

I like your sig.

I'm not finding that video clip on Kazaa Lite, is that the right title

7. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Even if this is true (possible) i would prefer the Murci any day!

8. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Forget it! I have seen the video, the problems are drivers,Do you notice the difference between the guy driving the NSX(damn crazy!) and his son(true)driving the Lambo(relatively gentle),also,he made a stupid mistake around the corner! It is obviously that if the two cars are drove by same person, Lambo will be at least 2 seconds faster.

PS.In the video,Lambo is finally win by half second, not the NSX.

9. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

lambos are beatifull and powerfull showoffs.
    but in the handling section they have never realy aced

10. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Hi

I think you must have missed the time attack records both for qualifying and for the race.

Yes the Lambo is quicker at Sugo, by about half a second 1'40'0 to NSx-R's 1'40'5

So over 3 laps, if the Lambo had not been overtaken so badly at the first corner, maybe it would be 2 seconds ahead.

Unfortunately, it was only 0'3 ahead at the end of the race, not half a second.

Please get your facts straight, and dont divulge the results like that cos you are hurting the Best Motoring publishers.

Problem is the drivers? His son is better than him in the same car most times, if you've seen more BM videos Takuya has beat his dad numerous times in the same car.

11. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

I wouldn't be surprised since the NSX-R did the nurburgring in 7:56.

12. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

So, you tell me why he(Takuya) made that stupid mistake in the corner last lap if he knows how to drive the Lambo?
    He can drive NSX well doesn't always mean he can drive Lambo well. Lambo cars have very different character compare to honda cars, can't you see it?

13. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

All I see is this. Takuya is an active competing driver in the JGTC driving a 600 approx hp Supra. I dont think the Lambo is anything too wild or difficult. Takuya also completed a season of CART.

Like it or not, you can see that the NSX pulls way over a second in the in field section, with both not making any mistakes. The Lambo makes that all up on the straight. Take the straight out of the equation and the Lambo is seriously slower.

14. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

wow i wouldent have picked the nsx to even though it is an awsome car i still dont beleive

15. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

But there's proof.

16. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

But there's proof. Not just words from a person's mouth, but we got proof.

17. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Well let me just say this.. The Lamborghini is completely stock where as the NSX is rather highly modified. And to MugenDomeNSX.. The NSX is slower than the Murcielago if you take into consideration the entire course. The driver came back from his mistake and over took him on the straight. And I'm talking about the best motoring video which I have had on my computer for about a months prior to this discussion so I have watched it countless times.

18. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

No, NSX-R is not modified, it's a stock car, just a Integra Type R, it's factory made, stock.

It's pretty amazing that a car with only 300hp can threaten a car with 600hp!

19. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

well i saw it on top gear.
    an it is true that nsx is faster than the lambo round the track.
    and it is true that the lambo is faster that the pagani zonda round corners.

or something like that.

20. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

What I meant was the NSX-R is modified in that it's a different than a stock NSX. But this said, it still is an incredible car and for its price.. Its awesome. A black on is always in the publix parking lot (where I work).

21. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

That's why it's called teh Type R. R = racing.

22. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Hey I never knew that.

23. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Just like others

Type S = Sport
    GT = Grand Touring

and many others

24. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

You spelt murcielago wrong.
    Im not surprised, but that doesnt make it a better car overall.
    Honestly, would you ake a Honda over a Lamborghini?

25. Re: This beats the Lamborghini Murcialago

Honestly, I would take the Lambo and sell it buy the NSX-R and modify it.