this car can go faster than it says

Discussion in '2000 Renntech CLK GTX' started by theschuhman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. the clk can go way faster than 220 mph. top gear did a speed test with this baby, and it got up to 391 km per hour. which is about 241 mph. this benz can smoke ferrari, lamborghini, and mclaren, with one cylinder tied behind its back. this is the ultimate car because it doesnt look like a ferrari or a lambo, so it has a less likley chance of getting stolen. plus, it is even full of luxery gagets and stuff. not like that ferrari f50, sheeeesh.

2. Re: this car can go faster than it says

And where did u read this? i dont think the cars aerodynamics are good enoughto take the speed.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: this car can go faster than it says

Ok first off this car wouldn't have a prayer in hell vs a ferrari/lambo or especially a mclaren.

It is DAMN cool, but it doesn't have the aerodynamics and downforce to be stable driving at such high speeds.

4. Re: this car can go faster than it says

man, add me to your msn, and ill send you the email.

5. Re: this car can go faster than it says

what i meant was, add my email to your msn ([email protected]) and ill send you the video of it hitting 241 mph. this car can smoke a ferrari or a lambo. none of those cars can even go 220 mph. well, some, but few.

6. Re: this car can go faster than it says

right but the ferrari would smoke this car on the track.

so really it is of no pertinence. i admit this car is quite fast and a wonder, but dont compare it to a formula one inspired ferrrari f50. because on the track it wont win.

(your never gonna hit 240 on the track)

7. Re: this car can go faster than it says

8. Re: this car can go faster than it says

i'm really not so sure about this though....

9. Re: this car can go faster than it says

yea I guess

10. Re: this car can go faster than it says

n it looks scarier cause its all black
    lol

11. Re: this car can go faster than it says

Hey Schuhman.

Your right this car does go faster than 220 but it will only do 228Mph due to exsactly what somebody else said "Lack of Aerodynamics and Downforce".I also know the test the top speed did that you are talking about and yes they do say that it was a CLK that did 241Mph but they say the CLK-GTR not the CLK-GTX. But in fact the info about the video you are talking about was confused with that of another video. The Video you are talking about was actually a McLaren F1 GTR. It isnt your mistake it was a mistake that Top Gear themselves made they then re-released the same video with the proper info about three months after the original was released.

12. #12 Z Benz0, Jan 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Re: this car can go faster than it says

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....go fork your self

14. Re: this car can go faster than it says

It's almost fast like the gtr

15. Re: this car can go faster than it says

ya ive seen that video 2

16. Yeah, the supposed CLK video is the McLaren F1, probably XP5, with the rev limiter raised. The F1 normally hits the limiter in 6th at 231mph, but will manage 241 derestricted.