This Car is Awesome

Discussion in '1985 Peugeot 205 T16 Group B' started by nissanZboy, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This car is a great car for it's time and for performance and everthing, in the 80s it wulda ruled the race world

2. Re: This Car is Awesome

To remind you: it actually ruled the rally world in the eighties!!!

3. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 205 T16</i>
    <b>To remind you: it actually ruled the rally world in the eighties!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

To state the obvious, and i think all the people knew that. lol
    Later<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This Car is Awesome

No wonder these cars where banned!! Wpv they are great!
    I heard Juha Kankkunen one said in an interview (he was driving the Huyndai Accent WRC, and had just sat the best time!): Wr're missing a little short on torque! Back in the eightees that wasn't a problem. Torwue was the only thing we had too much of! <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This Car is Awesome

YEa, it is a shame it was banned like the rs2000 which was banned because it kill people in a crash,<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This Car is Awesome

another example of why 80s cars are better than those of the cars today.
    newer version comes short, however still great... nothing close to this.
    a guess the saying is true...
    nothing can be as good as the original. (well at least in this case)
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This Car is Awesome

they shouldnt ban a car just because it killed someone. this sport isnt very spectator friendly and its a risk to go to one no matter what.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dirtbag</i>
    <b>they shouldnt ban a car just because it killed someone. this sport isnt very spectator friendly and its a risk to go to one no matter what.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How many killed are required in your mind ?

I love this car , but the FIA did well , they were too fast.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lamboghinisv</i>
    <b>YEa, it is a shame it was banned like the rs2000 which was banned because it kill people in a crash,</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

RS2000? Wasn't it the RS200?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: This Car is Awesome

They had to ban Group B in the end for everyone’s safety. The Lancia that crashed killing its driver and co-driver were flash fried. When the fire fuelled by the red-hot supercharger and turbo was finally out the only thing left was a very charred space frame.

I still feel that today’s Group A cars are boring in comparison. The FIA should have taken it down the route of unlimited HP without a Turbo such as the MG Metro 6R4. Or continued with Group S that was due in 1988 where cars were limited to 300BHP as they are now in the modern WRC, but only required to make 10 cars.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: This Car is Awesome

Cool car! Great engine<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pedern</i>
    <b>No wonder these cars where banned!! Wpv they are great!
    I heard Juha Kankkunen one said in an interview (he was driving the Huyndai Accent WRC, and had just sat the best time!): Wr're missing a little short on torque! Back in the eightees that wasn't a problem. Torwue was the only thing we had too much of! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If I'm not mistaken, this car has LESS torque than for example the 206 WRC!!

13. Re: This Car is Awesome

I agree, but i'm just stating what he said! Therefore i think it's funny!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: This Car is Awesome

this car is awesome.....i love all peugeots<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: This Car is Awesome

It's a shame they don't import any or very many peugeots into the US... they might import them, but I don't think i've ever seen one, it would be nice to have another option besides the subaru for a rally-type car.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: This Car is Awesome

PederN, I think he said that during a hill climbing part of the Argentine rally, the "Group B car had no problem here" or something
    similar...
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: This Car is Awesome

Thats right mate! I could not remember in wich rally he saidd it in! Funny i think!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lamboghinisv</i>
    <b>YEa, it is a shame it was banned like the rs2000 which was banned because it kill people in a crash,</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It was Toivonen in the Delta S4.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: This Car is Awesome

Was it?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: This Car is Awesome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    <b>It's a shame they don't import any or very many peugeots into the US... they might import them, but I don't think i've ever seen one, it would be nice to have another option besides the subaru for a rally-type car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you can easily find them up here in canada.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: This Car is Awesome

Do they sell new peugeot in Canada??<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: This Car is Awesome

Rally Portugal 1986, Joaquim Santos' RS200 slid off the road and into the crowd killing 3 and injuring another 30, as a result of trying to avoid spectators to close to the road. (Timo Salonen, in his 205 T16 E2 had earlier hit, but not killed, a camerman).

Two rallies later in Corsica, Toivonen and Cresta have their fatal accident.

RIP Group B. :(