This car is awsome

Discussion in '1987 Merkur XR4Ti' started by Voices, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Probably one of the most unknown cars in the world this car is a very nice car with style, I have had the pleasure of actually riding in one, my friend used to own one and I tell you this car can beat even the coveted Mustang GT, I personally witnessed this<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This car is awsome

Does anyone read about this car?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This car is awsome

hey buddy that must have been a bad mustang or a really bad driver cause my 94 5.0, would slaughter this thing

4. Re: This car is awsome

Actually it was a car that I have raced in my supra and lost to, I be it a 1983 Supra with only 150HP but I have beaten 5.0's B4 in my car and I can beat most on the road because people don't know how to corner, or drive, but the person who owned the mustang that my friend beat with his Merkur is in all respects an above average driver because he is a member of the RCMP (For you non Canadians thats the police force of Canada) and they are trained very well to drive<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This car is awsome

well actually I'm from Canada.....but what year was the stang....it makes a huge difference

6. Re: This car is awsome

Ahhhhh IC it was a 1990 5.0L, I sugest you find one of these cars on the road with a good driver and realise that it is a spectacular competator

If your only arguing with me because this is an import let me easy your troubled mind this is a German Ford, and yes it does beat most 5.0L's<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This car is awsome

I actually love German cars much more then fords but my 94 5l would eat this thing I can guarentee that

8. Re: This car is awsome

Hmmmm the only way to know for sure is to race one and find out, These cars are quite commom in Van so good luck hunting<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This car is awsome

well I live in ont. so I don't really car much cause I'm studying to become a race car driver and am going to be attending racing school soon so I think I can beat this car with ease.....merkur 1/4 mile is 16 sec mine 94 stang GT is 15.1 so I should beat it quite easily

10. Re: This car is awsome

im gonna own one of these next year, my neighbour has one and has got connections to the edmonton merkur club so i'll be getting one for a bout 3k canadian. after about 2 months of saving up i'll upgrade the turbo to a 2.5psi, i think it will bring the hp up to about 230, and the 1/4 mile time to about 15 if not less, alot less.

11. Re: This car is awsome

Yeah maybe but I went to racing school to except it was on a track and I didn't pay for it I find that a better deal (The Drive5rs are better to (Teachers))<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This car is awsome

I was talking about one on a track

13. Re: This car is awsome

I think you miss understood my comment I was saying that paying for racing school is a bad deal I mean hit like open track once and a while and you pick up more than any racing school can ever teach, I was once told by a racer named "Big" Steve (I have no idea what his last name is) that to be able to control the track is more important than controlling your car, I'm just starting to figure out what this means, he told me he found this out far after he "waisted" his money on racing school, I've also been told that you learn more in one day on the track than you could possibly learn in 5 years in racing school, sure you will have some one to teach you and maybe you learn better this way but I taught myself and that is the only way I can really learn to do stuff, it's also one of the best ways to learn because you will know your limitations, let me tell you a story that you problay wont belive but rest assured it is true, I was driving downtown and one of my passengers commented on something that really pissed me off, I put my car into a ditch, but I did it in such a way to scare the Sh!t out of my passengers but not to injure them and not to injure my car this is what I learnt by myself if I hadent taught myself I probably would be in the hospital or visiting the graves of my friends, just a little thing for you to keep in mind, another side note I lost that car not 5 days later when some chick pulled on my stearing wheel, intresting eh? well it seems I've preached to much, the racing school might be good for you it might be a waist of time you can only find this out on your own. God I sound like some kinda philosopher sorry man, enjoy<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: This car is awsome

the racing school I was talking about is all on the track with only a couple safety briefings before you start.....it's with F16000 cars .....which are open wheel racers that are kinda like a indy car but with a lot less power (but still very fast).....this school has had Patrick Carpontier attend the school so it is a very good school to learn at

15. Re: This car is awsome

When I was in Niagra Falls vacationing I saw a 1987 Ferrari 355.It was awesome.I also saw a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera AERO COUPE with spetial BLUE CAMILIAN PAINT.There was a 1973 Fiero too.It had a HUGE spoiler in the front and back.It was nice there.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: This car is awsome

what does this have to do with this car

17. Re: This car is awsome

As far as I can tell not a thing but it's just somethin the guy had to get off his chest I guess<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: This car is awsome

a 1987 ferrari f355 right they made testerossa's back then.

19. Re: This car is awsome

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PorscheBoy09</i>
    <b>When I was in Niagra Falls vacationing I saw a 1987 Ferrari 355.It was awesome.I also saw a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera AERO COUPE with spetial BLUE CAMILIAN PAINT.There was a 1973 Fiero too.It had a HUGE spoiler in the front and back.It was nice there.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are an idiot...<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: This car is awsome

You know this is a Mustang Engine anyways. 95% sure this is the 4 cylinder Ford Mustang engine anyways. Im not totally sure but its the Mustang SVO engine. <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: This car is awsome

Actually your are corect in your assumption it's the 2.3L turbo for and SHO mustang turbo, with a few German modifications<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: This car is awsome

It's an SVO mustang the worst mustang ever

23. Re: This car is awsome

I'm not sure I've never ehard of an SVO mustang but this cars engine falls under the title of a Super high output engine in short SHO (like the SHO taurus), but the germans made this engine spectacular<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: This car is awsome

PorsheBoy09,

What the hell does the comment about Niagra Falls and a Ferarri have to do with anything? Are you just trying to prove that there are expensive cars in Niagra falls? Are you from NY and went for a visit to the "Great White North" of Canada and was suprised to see that it isn't that much different from the US? Please let us know. Maybe in some sort of off the topic way you had a point there. If so please explain.

WHAT A GUY!?!!<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: This car is awsome

the mustang svo ( not SHO, SHO engines are made my yamaha ( sounds crazy but its true), SVO, SVT, and SVE are all ford engines that have Special Vehicle ( Operations, Team, or, Engineering )). but anyway, the mustang engine is a 2.5L with intercooler, while the merkur is a 2.3L w/o intercooler ( though it should have ), same everything else. the suspension and styling is what the germans did for the car, not the motor, i used to have one of these, and it handled great, even better when i switched to '88 mustang rims in the back ( sold the car before i found the adapters for the front), wide rims do wonders for this car, i once took it through a clover leaf off ramp at 75mph and the car didnt seem to care, my friend that was in the car did though.