This Car Is Fucken Shit

Discussion in '1999 HSV VT GTS300' started by greese monkey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

true.

2. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

All u gook pack lovers
    lay off ok

go post on the meccano nippon clip fridge on wheels on boards

and all u ford ppl
    stop fighting with GM ppl
    fight the real enemy
    the japs destroying out car culture

3. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

All u gook pack lovers
    lay off ok

go post on the meccano nippon clip fridge on wheels on boards

and all u ford ppl
    stop fighting with GM ppl
    fight the real enemy
    the japs destroying out car culture

4. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

dont be a racist

and i love this car but the fact is that australian cars are still ilmost 10 years behind the rest of the world apart from america technogy wise.

i was helping rebuild a ferrari dino engine the other week and i realised that that engine is more advanced than the old pushrod engines in these cars

5. This car is so shit the fordfalcon 300 could whoop this car

6. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

only a #$%# that likes fords wouldnt like this car

everyone know that holdens r better than fords
    this holden in 1999 could beat ne ford made that year and beat ne ford ne time

holdens r better

7. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

for #$%#s sake, are you blind? this is a 300kw sedan, made in 1999, it is now 2002 and Ford havnt gotten past 250kw even with all that tickford shit, when this car was made. i believe fords most powerful car had a power rating of 220kw
    thats 80kw extra
    ford just cant compete with this.. not yet anyway<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Apocalypse</i>
    <b>for #$%#s sake, are you blind? this is a 300kw sedan, made in 1999, it is now 2002 and Ford havnt gotten past 250kw even with all that tickford shit, when this car was made. i believe fords most powerful car had a power rating of 220kw
    thats 80kw extra
    ford just cant compete with this.. not yet anyway</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->where was holden fastest sedan in the world 30 years ago? No I didn't think they had one either. 294kw was the unoffical rating for the XYGTHO phase 3 and it wasnt until the intorduction of the Chev engine before Holden cars were faster than that ford. Not even the stroked banana GTS-R would beat the XYGTHO's time of 14.4 on the quarter.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

Everytime the Ford V Holden debate begins, someone will always bring up the Phase III HO and about how it was the fastest four door in it's day. Granted the HO was an amazing car, and I'd kill to park one in my garage someday, but have any of these 'ford people' ever heard of a Mercedes 6.3?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

hey tickford dude, have u heard of the torana lj gtr-xu1, the production model didnt do a 14 1/4 mile(except the bathurst model) but it gave the phase's a real run for there money on the race track.
    and the ford was a supercharged mustang motor, u put it against holdens hsv 300 coupe and we will see if holden suck. at least holden made the 2 door, ford couldnt suport its 2 doors and had to back off the project. but i would have loved for them to bring it out.

11. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Frother</i>
    <b>Everytime the Ford V Holden debate begins, someone will always bring up the Phase III HO and about how it was the fastest four door in it's day. Granted the HO was an amazing car, and I'd kill to park one in my garage someday, but have any of these 'ford people' ever heard of a Mercedes 6.3?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

as your sig says, when the flag drops the BS stops, and lately it's holdens BS which has been stopped in every article, funny that, hell even our 30yo phase 3 could beat most of your cars. And as for the Merc, it's Ford vs Holden.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from greese monkey</i>
    <b>hey tickford dude, have u heard of the torana lj gtr-xu1, the production model didnt do a 14 1/4 mile(except the bathurst model) but it gave the phase's a real run for there money on the race track.
    and the ford was a supercharged mustang motor, u put it against holdens hsv 300 coupe and we will see if holden suck. at least holden made the 2 door, ford couldnt suport its 2 doors and had to back off the project. but i would have loved for them to bring it out. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah man the torana's were good. Thing is though, it was only after the supercar scare when the toranas were winning bathurst. I thought most of the toranas which raced werent "bathurst specials" as on the road they werent actually that fast, it was only on the track where they excelled due to thier low weight.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Apocalypse</i>
    <b>for #$%#s sake, are you blind? this is a 300kw sedan, made in 1999, it is now 2002 and Ford havnt gotten past 250kw even with all that tickford shit, when this car was made. i believe fords most powerful car had a power rating of 220kw
    thats 80kw extra
    ford just cant compete with this.. not yet anyway</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->where was holden fastest sedan in the world 30 years ago? No I didn't think they had one either. 294kw was the unoffical rating for the XYGTHO phase 3 and it wasnt until the intorduction of the Chev engine before Holden cars were faster than that ford. Not even the stroked banana GTS-R would beat the XYGTHO's time of 14.4 on the quarter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Who cares where Holden was 30 years ago, this is 2002 not 1972 so 30 years ago is irrelevant. And CSV had a stroked 5.8L engine (Chev or Commodore unsure) in a VS Corsa Sedan which had 310kw and 636nm torque I believe and had similar performance times as the current SV300

14. #14 Iceman2633, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

I raced our 220 kW 1999 Statesman against a mates 2001 220 kW XR8 Falcon over the 1/4. Both cars were Autos.

Here's the end result:
    Statesman: 14.64 @ 94 MPH
    XR 8: 15.4 @ 92 MPH

I can post the time card if wanted...

Mind you the Statesman is a lot heavier! and is in no way a sports model! so how would u feel buying a so called sports car that is beaten by a family car! lmfao what a joke!

I have seen a 250 kW car go mid 13's
    I believe the GTS with 300 kW would go 12 seconds!!!

I am a Ford person, but the HSV cars rule!!!

Check this link out too.
    A 350kW Ute! Check it out at http://www.hsv.com.au

One thing you all should check up on is the power per litre factor of most cars that can tell a few stories in itself!!!

15. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Holden Nut</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Apocalypse</i>
    thats 80kw extra
    ford just cant compete with this.. not yet anyway</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->where was holden fastest sedan in the world 30 years ago? No I didn't think they had one either. 294kw was the unoffical rating for the XYGTHO phase 3 and it wasnt until the intorduction of the Chev engine before Holden cars were faster than that ford. Not even the stroked banana GTS-R would beat the XYGTHO's time of 14.4 on the quarter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Who cares where Holden was 30 years ago, this is 2002 not 1972 so 30 years ago is irrelevant. And CSV had a stroked 5.8L engine (Chev or Commodore unsure) in a VS Corsa Sedan which had 310kw and 636nm torque I believe and had similar performance times as the current SV300. So no more bagging the stroked 5.7L Holden engine for only getting 230kw. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

16. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

this car is bloody great. but just imagine it with a 6.2 litre, 350kw engine. sounds good eh? yeah well that's what the new gts is getting. the stroked gen three. rock on.

17. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

hey shut up ford rule full stop. The new fords have turbo v6's and 5.4ltr v8 and will kill holden. how do you think about the v6 turbo awesome it will sound great.

18. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

aj ford lover holden is 5.7 liter pushrod V8 that would munch any ford.
    as the saying goes i would rather push a holden then drive a ford

19. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

I wouldn't say this car is "Fucken Shit", but it is not the greatest car in the world. It may have a good engine but it also has it's bad points.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>
    <b>I wouldn't say this car is "Fucken Shit", but it is not the greatest car in the world. It may have a good engine but it also has it's bad points.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I really can't see how this car could be so bad, in my life I've been in heaps of different Commodores and I can't see one of their latest and top of the range car having serious bad points.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

The Japs aren't destroying any culture, apart from the primitive large displacement mentality in Australia.
    I think you are just angry because a 2.6ltr turbo smokes a 5.7ltr n/a.
    I'm not a big fan of Jap cars, but they beet Aussie cars!

s202 WRX 235kw, 0-100 in 4.7 seconds.
    r-34 skyline gt-r, 0-100 in mid 4's.

If you want destroying culture look at those stupid Monaro adds that are targeted at children to try to stimulate their consumer sovereignty toward Holdens.
    Giving children the impression a Monaro could stand a chance against a Viper, M3 or a Porsche GT-2!!!!

22. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

Oh my god what do we have here, another KNOB comparing turboed cars with N/A cars...well why don't we get Turbo's for our 5.7L V8's then see how your Jap crap goes. Oh and if Holden actually tuned the Monaro instead of detuning it, it would kick your M3's ass to Berlin and back so get over it alright. If not, I'll get a Monaro for 60 grand or whatever, spend 15K on a supercharger and intercooler kit, 3K on beefier brakes, 2K on suspension and have a package that will devour your beloved M3, while still having $50,000 left...go figure.

23. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

The reason japs use turbos is to make up the gap of large displacement engines; your sub-intellect seems to think that comparing a 5.7ltr Turbo to a 2.6ltr Turbo is fair, well I have an Idea how about we turbo charge a Monaro and compare it with an 8ltr Turbo Viper? is that fair.... according to your mentality it would be!
    The entire purpose of my comment on the Monaro add, which was strait through to the keeper to fools like yourself, is that by having adds that appeal to children now they are hoping they will like holdens when they are in the work place so that they will buy holdens, it is a campaign to increase their market share.
    A Monaro will never be in the same class as a M3, the M3 will always handle better, it will always be faster and it is a Naturally Aspirated 3.3ltr INLINE 6 not a cheep and nasty 5.7ltr V8.
    Only a thorough idiot would compare an Australian large displacement hyped "standard commodore" to a thorough bred Autobahn blitzer.
    The M3 is based on a 60k platform; the HSV series is based on a 28k platform.
    Work it out for yourself sunshine.

24. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

Yeh that's Why the BA, is using all the newest technology, and even starting nwe technology, wit htheir fly by wire accelerator, and control blade irs etc. HOlden will obviously soon follow suit. it doesn't seem to be 10 years behind with the newest and the best technology does it??

25. Re: This Car Is Fucken Shit

You cant compare technology Ferrari uses to what Holden uses, Ferraris are basically a race car with everything possible done to the motor to get the best out of it, of course the Dino engine would seem more advanced.

Oh and you might like to know that the pushrodded HSV VTII GTS has extremely similar performance figures to the F456GT with its DOHC V12