This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

Discussion in '2002 BMW CS1 Concept' started by rex4ev, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

Hey, yea, this will sell cuz it's going to be the cheapest BMW. But what about image? Ppl like BMW because what? because of performance? and looks? but now they make a cheap piece of Sh!+ and call it a BMW, yea, of course it's going to sell if it's cheap enuf, but BMW's image will be going down.

2. Re: This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

really this car is crap, even if u were a dumb arse and tried to MOD it ure wasting ure time. it's crap and can't BMW come up with something different for a concept car it looks like a normal BMW with more smothed lines, and the new BMW's are subject to opinion, i personally think they look crap, u decide but hey unsless BMW put a better engine in it NO WAY>>>
    later<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

Well, they very well would put a better engine into it if it were to be produced. And the modern systems on this car would make it a good commuter for many city drivers, who would like some fuel economy. It's a compact, not a sports sedan. Maybe M would get a version, maybe not. Does not matter, the car is not crap in terms of the stye and type of car it is.

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Top RPM</i>
    <b>This is a concept car meaning that BMW has no plans in releasing this car with these specs. And bhp isn't everything. Did you even bother reading the amazing technological and comfort features that this car has? If this car goes into production, it will definitely get a bhp boost, and if not, BMW will follow it up with a more powerful 6-cylinder (like it did with the Z3) or an M version (like it did with the Z3 M roadster). And the word SUPERCAR does not only refer to bhp and speed. The term Supercar refers to vehicles that are uniquely designed or engineered. This car has technologically unique features and luxury, and it's a fresh BMW design.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --

With all do respect BMW aint no luxury cars bro. I really cant c bmw has its class,style or looks for beein a luxury car. And about this car, its really ugly indeed. Not that I dont like BMW's cause they have a lot of grat cars but this one, nono shame on BMW.
    I think BMW shud stay tune on thir today style. And when u say this is a fresh BMW design i say poor BMW.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This car is FUGLY......and more!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>And why would it not come with all the latest gadgets? It would not be to much more expensive to do that and use it to outsell VW.
    And for those of you who think this is the slowest BMW ever or something, ever hear of the 318ti? Its prob faster than this, but its no speedster either. The fact of the matter is we can only speculate on the price, performance of the car. What we can talk about is the style and the idea. So give it up. There is not really anyway to tell for sure how this car would do. It does not suck. It does not need a inline 6 M3 engine. It will not replace the Z3. It will not be racing S2000, Viper, or Z06. Give it up.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Finally, someone who understands something about market, competition, and proper comparisons. BMW will always have its powerful performing M cars, but they also want to attract some customers who recieve lower incomes, and to give young individuals (students) the joy of driving a Bimmer. That's what the legendary BMW 2002 offered when it was produced 3 decades ago. The 2002 was a compact and affordable bimmer. BMW is also creating a 116i hatchback with an affordable price tag, which will compete directly with the GTI, Civic SI, Toyota MR2, etc...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah, you know the market has changed and German luxury automakers are going after the lower price, entry level cars they used to ignore a few years ago, remember, after all there wasn't a MB C class like 20 years ago, and now they even have something smaller, cheaper than the C class... same with Audi, the Golf-based A3 has proven a hit in some markets and they have come up with many different takes on it, from entry level diesel powered, to exhilarating S-spec versions.

BMW on the other hand is trying to recapture some of the spirit of the original 2002, and so far I know the 1-series sedan and 2-series coupe will be offered in many trims, even a convertible version is being considered, I guess it may be a hit if people like the idea, 'coz you know there are places, like the US where this car just wouldn't sell (the BMW compact was a mistake for BMW, remember, US people are not used to the idea of a "luxury hatchback")<!-- Signature -->