This car is not the best...

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by bmwm3gtr200, Mar 18, 2003.

1. This car is not the best...it is not even in the top ten. Now prove me wrong.

My Top Ten-
    1. McLaren F1
    2. Ferrari Enzo
    3. Pagani Zonda C12S
    4. BMW e30 M3
    5. Porsche GT2 996
    6. Volvo 240
    7. B-Engineering Edonis
    8. Audi RS6 EuroSpec Wagon
    9. Stanley Steamer
    10. Ford Model T
    Not in that order.

2. Re: This car is not the best...

this car is probably the best, but then again that top ten is opinions maybe you don't like it but i have a felling there are many more who do like it

3. Re: This car is not the best...

Probably not. It has done nothing for the auto industry, so it can't be a good car.

4. Re: This car is not the best...

Why would we try to prove you wrong? anyways:

Shelby Series 1
    Mosler MT900
    Pagani Zonda Roadster
    Shelby Cobra
    Dauer 962 LM
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    Lamborghini Murcielago (I've taken a strange liking to this car recently)
    Bentley's P900 car
    Caterham R500
    Saleen S7

5. Re: This car is not the best...

Nice list, is it your best car list, of favorite car list?

My favorite car list is:
    1. BMW e30 M3
    2. BMW 3.0 CSL Batmobile
    3. Volvo 240 R Turbo from the mid 80's
    4. McLaren F1 LM
    5. Stanley Steamer
    6. Porsche GT2 (996)
    7. New BMW M5
    8. BMW M1
    9. Ferrari 550
    10. Subaru Impreza WRX Sti

Just some cars that I am into right now. The top 5 are set in stone for the most part though.

Peace Out Y'all

6. Re: This car is not the best...

Welcome to the annual car-listing-championships !

7. Re: This car is not the best...

NO shit!

8. Re: This car is not the best...

so post a reply that that isn't a list.

9. Re: This car is not the best...

Already did

10. Re:

what the hell is this you post a list of cars u think are good and any car not on the list doesnt matter how good it is it automatically becomes no good ? who died and made u the king of car judeges

11. Re:

what the hell is this you post a list of cars u think are good and any car not on the list doesnt matter how good it is it automatically becomes no good ? who died and made u the king of car judeges

12. Re:

13. Re: This car is not the best...

them are some crapy lists!!

14. Re: Re:

No I posted a list of cars that are better than the Dodge Hennesey Viper 800 tt, mainly because I got tired of hearing from people on this site that it is the best car ever made.

I also think that there are a lot more cars than the ones on my list that are better than the 800 tt. I just gave a top ten list of cars that I could argue as better than the 800 tt easily since they are a few of the best cars ever made, unlike the 800 tt.

Nobdy died and made me king of car judges. Is there an opening for the job?

15. Re: Re:

Sounds like you're in the wrong forum...

16. Re: This car is not the best...

I think it's pretty obvious that this isn't the best car ever made, but then again, it was never meant to be. It was meant to simply have crazy performance for the dollar, ignoring refinement and comfort. Cars like the Shelby Cobra or Mosler MT900 fit into this category as well, and it's a good concept. Instead of comprimising performance or feeling with either loads of comfort (like the Veyron) or an infinite amount of driver aids (Enzo), they are simply meant to go fast if you can control them. Some like this concept, and some don't. I can easily see why people would choose this car as their favorite, even though it will never quite be my cup of tea.

17. Re: Re:

with a list covering such a wide range of cars espeically cars not considered to be any kind of competition or comparison to the TT im surprised you dont have n e top fuel dragsters or F1 cars on that list.

18. Re: This car is not the best...

I agree with you, I love the concept of having to earn every tenth of a sec. with your car. There is a reason why I like the older cars a lot more, they don't have a million and one driving aids that take away the experience. There is a reason why I like BMW the most, because even with the aids, the car still feels like you are driving it, not the other way around.

I can see why a person would choose this car as their favorite also. It is fast, cheap, and well known.

To say that this formula is the cheapest is a little odd, even though it is true for the most part, follow me on this one. The best example of this formula is the McLaren F1, no driving aids, no comfort, just the purest car in the world, which is why it is one of the best in the world, but it is also one of the most expensive. However we must also acknowledge that there are cars out there that are some of the best in the world even though they do have these driving aids. The 800 tt is the best Viper, but it has to do something to earn a place as one of the best cars. It has yet to do this for these reasons; nothing orignal, undr engineered, designed to be a publicity car instead of a true car, and worst of all it is a car designed to win on paper instead of the track.

So when someone sits there and says that this is the best car in the world because they like it the most, that is stupid. Then I would be saying that the e30 M3 is the best car in the world, which I know it isn't, one of them but not the best. Even though my list does include it, I could easily replace it with another car that is better by far, but based on the formula for the best car in the world stated befor, it belongs on that list.

19. Re: Re:

Prove that one, just one of the cars on that list are not one of the best cars in the world then. Prove that this Viper is better than those cars. Then I will shut up, and by the way why the hell would I put a top fuel dragster on that list? They are awsome cars, but they are even worse than the Viper, all they can do is go in a straight line, granted very fast, but that is pointless as to justifying it as one of the best cars in the world.

20. Re: This car is not the best...

draggers are stupid waste of time yes fast but pointless

fav 10 as follows:

1)Pug 205 GTI 1.9 (modded)
    2)vahx astra 2.0 GTE mk2 (modded)
    3)chevy stingray 67
    4)lancia stratos
    5)lancia delta intergrale turbo (modded)
    6)P 911 carerra 4 turbo 2001
    7)Dodge Viper GTS-R 800TT
    8)mustang gt500 with nos (modded)
    9)ecsort rs cosworth (modded)
    10)jeep wrangler 4.0 V8 (modded)

205 GTI 1.9 turbo will beat anything around town not bad for less than £4000

21. Re: This car is not the best...

i do not see a pint of making a list of cars that are completly in different leagues with no comparison and ...
    7)Dodge Viper GTS-R 800TT >>> this car doesnt exist!

22. Re: Re:

What exactly do you mean by "better"? I think it's obvious that the Viper is faster, and encorporates more technology than the Ford Model T, so I think you're going to be more specific when defining "better".

23. Re: This car is not the best...

did you pull the names out a hat or somin? cuz im really curious on who the hell u got a list covering such a wide range or cars ie. Enzo and the Model T ?

24. Re: This car is not the best...

It is a list that I came up with myself that has 10 cars on it that have been considered the best at one point or another, and still are. Model T is the most important car of all time, Enzo is one of the best supercars todate, and even better than the McLaren F1 in some people's eyes. The age of a car should have nothing to do with how great of a car it is, besides looking at the technology they had at the time and what they did with it to see how great of a car it realy was.

When the Model T came out it was the greatest thing ever. It gave millions of people the ability to travel further than 50 miles away from their home town, something that most people never did in their entire life until they had a car.

The Enzo has every little bit of new technology possible on it. It is the best tech showcase car out there right now or ever.

25. Re: This car is not the best...

thats great but none of those cars belong in any kind of comparison involving the viper besides the viper does 110% of what it is designed to do a car with 500hp can get to 60 in less than 4 seconds top speed a shade under 190 and close to 1g on a skid pad very few cars under $100K can do that. And thats stock!!! the hennessey costs under 150K and has been compared to the $1.3 mil CLK