This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Discussion in '1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Straßenversion' started by 550Koenig, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I can't believe that this piece of junk is over 1.5 million US. When you think about it, you could purchase both a Ferrari F50 and a Lamborghini Diablo GTR and modify them heavily and still not pay as much as this monstrousity. What was Mercedes thinking? Be reasonable.

McLaren also, is cheaper and much better, faster, nicer looking and better handling and acceleration.

2. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

fugly?

3. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

a few things...

you'll be lucky to get one for $1.5M
    its V12 6898cc 612bhp its Weight is only 1545kg, 0-60mph 3.4 seconds, 0-100mph 5.7 seconds(!!), 88.72 bhp per litre!, and lets not forget its a Mercedes-Benz...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

extremely limited production run, and it's pretty much a road legalized race car.

ferrari F50 GT's sell for similar prices, but there are even fewer (3 units in the world). it never even raced

5. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Sorry crazyjl, but where did you get your information from? The ferrari F50 GT is half the price of this car and much stronger capable of going 236 mph. It even looks nicer too!

6. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

u're buying a name... nothing else... yeah it has performance, but where r u gonna use it??? it's nice and all, but i dont think id buy it...
    and whoever said Ferrari F50s were nice looking needs to go see a doctor... cuz they're not...

<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Sure F50's look nice. How else would you describe them?

8. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Whoa... this car was originally sold at $1,000,000... till it appreciates to $1.5... just like art and Van Gogh paintings... meanwhile the F50 GT... maybe selling from $700,000 to $800,000 who may have better specs (but that isn't confirmed yet) never appreciated since 1998 coz it's butt-fugly<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Actually a ferrari F50 GT was recently purchased about a few months ago in melbourne, ausralia for AUS $4million which roughly translates to USD$2million.

as for 800,000 US???? i dunno about that<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Only 3 Ferrari F50 GTs were produced... none of em' are road legal<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Koenig</i>
    <b>Sorry crazyjl, but where did you get your information from? The ferrari F50 GT is half the price of this car and much stronger capable of going 236 mph. It even looks nicer too!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->agree!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

Has a higher top speed than posted. Proven.

13. Re: This car is way too expensive and for what!??!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CORNERHO</i>
    <b>the F50 couldn't be owned unless you were a race team,only leased. benz had to produce a certain number of these cars in order to race it in it's class. it was never really intended to go on the street so hence the price tag. at that price people wouldn't be driving it on the street just on the track. most GTR cars are like that. they must produce a certain # of them b-4 they are able to race and those cars are usually kept off the street and cost a fortune.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> a minumum is actually only 1 road version... anyways... Mercedes-Benz saw the potential of it selling and it did... it was sold out before it was even released to the market... just like the Mercedes-Benz Vision SLR... all of them got millionaire owners now...<!-- Signature -->