this car needs a little more power

Discussion in '2000 Lotus Elise 111S' started by redrum, Aug 9, 2002.

1. to correct the lack of power i feel it needs the Mazda Rx-7 TypeRZ engine which is a Twin Turbo Double Rotary which , the rx-7 is already faster than the lotus and it is almost double the weight, so i think with this engine it would kill all.

2. Re: this car needs a little more power

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    tell me he didn't say that!
    Lack of power?................lotus gave it that power on purpose because it was the best "balance" for the car.
    They could have given it tons of power but they didn't need too.

I'll let u off this time because you probably don't know much about the Elise<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: this car needs a little more power

come on i love this car it is the best but its 0-100mph stinks and will be raped by any other high performance car, and i understand its more about handling than power but it needs more power when it gets in to the higher speeds.

4. Re: this car needs a little more power

*sigh*

Not this shit again... for the umpteenth time

THE LOTUS ELISE IS NOT ABOUT STRAIGHT LINE SPEED

UNDERSTAND? NO? THEN READ IT AGAIN.

When will you EVER learn what this car is about...

5. Re: this car needs a little more power

i know it is not designed for stright line racing but u cant always drive around corners there is stright lines that is why it needs a little more power got it

6. Re: this car needs a little more power

u stupid boy!
    Why does it need more power?
    Which part of "it's not a straight speed car" don't u understand?

I wish these people who know nothing about the Elise would just shut up because they sound stupid.

Straight line speed?............typical Americans!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: this car needs a little more power

i hate to inform u but im not a yank and the weight of the car would make this one of the best drag cars around with a high performance light weight engine it would really kill all OK

8. Re: this car needs a little more power

drag car?............ok now...........you have a serious problem!
    I know you're just a little 11 year old kid with net access but please don't act so stupid!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: this car needs a little more power

Redrum.

Rotary won't fit - the tolerances for engine mounting and position prohibit a lot of engines - including boggo 4 pots. Its a transverse mid mounted alloy lump - get it? Light weight, relatively compact unit so centre of gravity is low. That makes the car a great handler. Changing the engine affects not only the power but the car's balance, therefore it shouldn't be done. Lotus know, and Lotus have tried a number of options. When this car hits the US, it'll probably have a Toyota VVTi with 190bhp. That enough for you?

Your comment about 'not oonly driving corners' is facile. This is essentially a track-oriented car. The balance and poise allows me to carry a lot more speed into, through and out of the corners. I don't have to scrub as much speed off as heavier, more powerful cars, that's why the tracktimes of an Elise (driven properly) can put some serious and exotic machinery to shame.

What Britcars and I are talking about is experience rather than conjecture - I own an Elise and Brit's driven them and been on track with them a number of times. We know what we're talking about, which you patently don't. If you're in doubt, come and see us at the track.

10. Re: this car needs a little more power

there is no need to stress out i love this car the way it is i really do but what im saying is the weight of this car would make a good drag car one of the best, you may lose the handling which is what the cars is about but if it was altered for the drag strip it would kill caus it is light weight ok

11. Re: this car needs a little more power

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from redrum</i>
    <b>there is no need to stress out i love this car the way it is i really do but what im saying is the weight of this car would make a good drag car one of the best, you may lose the handling which is what the cars is about but if it was altered for the drag strip it would kill caus it is light weight ok </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm not stressed, but thanks for your concern. I still think your rationale is off - why not strap a Formula One V10 to the back of a go kart - that'll do the trick eh?

Alternatively, if you want a lightweight with monster power to weight ratio, I suggest you look at the Tiger - its a Caterham/ Lotus 7 look alike with twin Suzuki Hyabusa engines in it. that's a real little rocket..

12. Re: this car needs a little more power

Lotus Elise needs more power, but they put too much handling.

13. Re: this car needs a little more power

How can any car have "too much handling"?

14. Re: this car needs a little more power

To much handling for a country like america straight and well straight.