This car rocks

Discussion in '1982 Ford Mustang GT' started by fordracing, Aug 9, 2002.

1. this car sucks

damn opec

2. Re: this car sucks

damn ford

3. Re: this car sucks

This brings back some great memories.

My 91 ZR1 and My 82 GT<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: this car sucks

Oh and a proshe couldnt even hold that much engine! And yes it will stick to the road with 1000 hp. Im from DFW and their are 3 460 Powerd Mustangs. And they are way up their. Most of them do 9-10 seconds. And no Viper, Zo6, porche, farrari has ever hung with them....Oh and for you import people that think somehow 4 cylinders put out more power than bigger motors well you need to go to machanics school and do alot of study'in. 1 Those 4 cylinders come all hyped up and everything. Most of them with high PSI turbos. None of them reaching over 250. Not the 4's. The only actual fast ones are the 3.0L Supra's and VR4's. They come stock with like 300-350 hp only because of the twin turbo system on them. I could turbocharge my mustang. Infact they came specially orderd turbo. And i would be in the 400's without DOHC and aluminum everything. They import industry was made because its cheapers to make a really bad ass import and its much harder to do it. You really have to know what your doing.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Porsche_Freak</i>
    <b>This is a POS car. And they call that a "sports Car?" A V8 only puting out 157hp? Thats a POS. 0-100 in 25 seconds? Thats Pothetic!
    Oh, and how bout that outstanding 0-60 time! 8 Seconds Flat! Thats a fast car...too bad the top speed is only 118! I hate Fords, Especially Mustangs. Holy ****! Look how much that POS weighs! 6900 Ilbs! Ok, I'm tired of wasting my time on that pos Mustang. Heres some pics of some real cars!....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nobody calls it a sport car.

It's a Muscle car... it's big and fast (for a big car, of course). It's another category...

Had you drive a porsche on the streets ?

The car is so small that you feel like a mouse on the road. You're fast but if you see a F-250 (or something like that) next to you...you feel unconfortable and afraid...

They're good for races or europe streets where you have a lot of small cars around you...but in US....it's trouble.

I like big cars...and pick ups... they're better to drive in US.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: this car sucks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>This is one of the worst car I've ever seen !!!

Ugly
    low powered
    very heavy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok WE OWN THIS CAR!!!!! ITS NOT HEAVY AND DEFINATLY NOT SLOW. It might sound slower. But guess what? Its not. The car romps, plan and simple. They come posi with either 3.07 gears or 2.74's with a trac bar. They only came as 4 spd manual. They are geared PERFECT for take off and dont slow down til around 90. They got overdrive so they keep right on going....I never had mine topped out but i was already well over 120? My truck has a C6 ok. Its got a 460. It does 155 mph topped out. Pedal through the floor. Its not overdrive and has either 3.00 , 3.27 or 3.55 gears. Now the Stang has OD. Think about it... And ah as for weight well its a Fox Chasis mustang. Find a nice 5.0 and pull they guy over and tell him his car weights 6900lbs and he'll either laugh at you or offer you a ride to the hospital. The newer GT's have alittle more weight but only cause they got about 100 extra pounts in fuel injection and computers. Luckily I dont got that problem. But trust me I actually own a 82 Mustang GT. Unit #63757. There are some things you guys dont know about them either... They cam speicial orderd Turbocharged....I have a little light that comes on when you first turn the key and it says "Turbo". They turbocharged ones had near 400 hp. I have never found one. But everytime I have asked for parts for a 82 Mustang GT they ask if its turbo. Just alittle info for you people who no NOTHING about mustang who THINK they do.

7. Re: this car sucks

521 mustang:
    The GT came with 3.07 rear end standard, and although the tranny does have overdrive, there is no way you could get a stock 82GT to go much faster than 115 or 120mph. My 82GT has a fresh 306, Weiand dual plane intake, full 2 1/2 exhaust(no cats, glasspacks), holley 4150, underdrive pulleys, etc, and I maxed it out at 140mph. That was not according to the speedo, that was calculated using (tire circumference
    x final gear ratio x RPM) Using a stock speedometer for trying to find your top speed is completely useless. They just aren't accurate, especially one that is 21 years old. Don't bother explaining to these people that the car doesn't weigh 7000 lbs, they don't seem to read previous posts before typing. For some reason supercar.net messed up and quoted the curb weight as 3130kg instead of 3130lbs. In regards to your turbo statement, yes you could get a 1982 mustang GT turbo, but it was a 4 cylinder turbo(which later spawned the 83-86 SVO mustangs) but it only made about 115hp. From what I understand the 82GT turbo is fairly rare in the US but isn't all that rare in Canada, in fact someone owns one just down my street.

8. Re: this car sucks

This is a POS car. And they call that a "sports Car?" A V8 only puting out 157hp? Thats a POS. 0-100 in 25 seconds? Thats Pothetic!
    Oh, and how bout that outstanding 0-60 time! 8 Seconds Flat! Thats a fast car...too bad the top speed is only 118! I hate Fords, Especially Mustangs. Holy ****! Look how much that POS weighs! 6900 Ilbs! Ok, I'm tired of wasting my time on that pos Mustang. Heres some pics of some real cars!....

9. Re: this car sucks

Mustangs and POS dont mix man. Im sorry. Bring those stupid porches on. I'll go get my 69 Mustang Mach 1 and mop the floor with you. 69-72 where the real Mustangs. Mine has an experimental 429 CJ R engine in it. When I first got it in 90 it put out 425 horsepower. It has a 4 speed od manual. It beats every SS I know. TA's, PORCHE's!, imports. Nothing except totally modified domestics running blown small blocks are mod big blocks will hang with it. It does high 10's and it's stock!

10. Re: this car sucks

Nuthing rong with imports i run road atl Gt2 class 3000gtr lm bought it for 63k And a nice 634 hp to mop shit up loads faster than my fathers RT 10

11. Re: this car sucks

this is the best mustang i think ford has ever made......now this is performance. hold on let me guess this car is fast. wtf is this on supercars, why are any mustangs on supercars there just cheap more like a cheap thrill. whats really sad is how mustang is ford "sports car". See i think ford should have done what chevy, and dodge has done and made a sports car that doesnt include a 6cyl motor option to represent thier muscle. that way when u see one like the vette and viper you dont have to ask yourself does that have the 6 or 8.

12. Re: this car sucks

Sweet ride man, I got a 1976 Ford Gran Torino with a 351c.i. Cleveland Boss, pushing 412 hp. which is nothin compared to ure ultimate machine. If u got msn contact me sometime. memphis_44@hotmail.com is mine.

13. Re: this car sucks

It's an 82' what the hell did you expect? What 82 Camaro or Rice Burner is just as fast or faster? And that weight is not even close, minus about 4 thousand lbs.

14. Re: this car sucks

dude my ss can kill your 3000 gtr 589.6rwhp and 2754lbs now thats power (v8's Only)

15. Re: this car sucks

this was definately a bad time for mustangs.
    no wonder no one bought'em, look at the bhp for the weight and price!!
    ford really had the "muscle car" thing going here...
    the first ones were the real beauties, especially the 69 Mach 1's and Shelby's original GT's<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: this car sucks

This car is totally weak! even a 1982 HDT Commodore could beat this POS!

17. Re: this car sucks

nice way for ford to begin pullin its ass out of the slow 70's<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: this car sucks

This car might be slow but its cheap to tune,just bolt on a 4bbl carb
    and ur good to go.

19. Re: this car sucks

That weight is so messed up. Besides, the Fox 5.0s are a hell of a lot cooler(and quicker) than what some of you Ricey fools ride around in. Oh yeah.....what is one of the most moddable engines of all time? The Ford v-8 5.0. OK...so it is pretty light already and all it needs is power. Pretty easy to come across. <!-- Signature -->

20. Re: this car sucks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 77 Rocket</i>
    <b>Mustangs and POS dont mix man. Im sorry. Bring those stupid porches on. I'll go get my 69 Mustang Mach 1 and mop the floor with you. 69-72 where the real Mustangs. Mine has an experimental 429 CJ R engine in it. When I first got it in 90 it put out 425 horsepower. It has a 4 speed od manual. It beats every SS I know. TA's, PORCHE's!, imports. Nothing except totally modified domestics running blown small blocks are mod big blocks will hang with it. It does high 10's and it's stock!</b></blockquote><center><hr w="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

stock 10's?...........bull

nice car though, good for you.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: this car sucks

Even though I'm a huge Mustang fan, what the hell is this? It looks shitty enough to be a Chevy. I'm just glad Ford wised up and came out with a real stang in 87.

22. Re: this car sucks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorvetteZO6</i>
    <b>damn ford</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Damn straight!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: this car sucks

I'll copy my note here too trying to help you understand:

"I don't know if you were born in '78-'80. But in those years the Australian Movie MAD MAX make a lot of success in the world. Mel Gibson (who is the star) uses in this movie a Torino (An Australian car wich looks like a Mustang '73) with a custom fender wich makes the car looks like a Mustang '79-'84.

I think that's one of the biggest reason to people like this design in '82. "

Ford sold a lot of them in '79 and '80 (the first two years of the design)

<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: this car sucks

domestic cars suck ass!
    they all fall apart and they need to have a massively large engine to get out the same amount of power as an import car could do with 1/4 the size. i have an SR20DET engine in my nissan exa and it gives out 200 HP with a 2 litres 4 cylinder engine. this thign is a fu*kin V8 5.0 litre and it only outputs 150 HP! thats sad.
    dont even try to start telling people you coudl beat a porsche with your highly modified mustang, when a STOCK porshce could easily beat any mustang no matter how modified it was. even if u managed to stick in a 1000 horsepower engine into a ford mustang you couldnt negotiate the turns and handle the track like a porsche could. thats all i have to say.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: this car sucks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gtiracing</i>
    <b>domestic cars suck ass!
    they all fall apart and they need to have a massively large engine to get out the same amount of power as an import car could do with 1/4 the size. i have an SR20DET engine in my nissan exa and it gives out 200 HP with a 2 litres 4 cylinder engine. this thign is a fu*kin V8 5.0 litre and it only outputs 150 HP! thats sad.
    dont even try to start telling people you coudl beat a porsche with your highly modified mustang, when a STOCK porshce could easily beat any mustang no matter how modified it was. even if u managed to stick in a 1000 horsepower engine into a ford mustang you couldnt negotiate the turns and handle the track like a porsche could. thats all i have to say.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This thing dates from '82.

Today our Mustang Cobra has 390 hp.

So... you nissan is the domestic car, today....<!-- Signature -->