This car should hold the record for 0-60

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

There's at least a Dauer 962 in the US , so the hennessey isn't the faster car.

Moreover , one of Giwasa's main market are the US , and the GTS-RR develops 1200hp.

2. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

Nobody in the US likes your Dauer. It's soooo beat. I would hesitate to drive it before you gave it to me. The Viper on the other is a sex machine.
    If this Viper were to race without slicks, on dry pavement, what time do you think it would do? I suppose 2.7 at the worst...but what do I know about slicks?

3. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

You're an idiot.

Ask Bigblock or others if they don't like the Dauer.

You lack education poor guy.

4. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

The Dauer is the greatest car in the world, It is far faster than this car 0 to 60 on full tread street tires, not "Cheater" slicks like the hennessy had to use to get that 0 to 60. Also if you want to go by who's faster overall in acceleration the Lingenfelter 427TT is even faster than the 800TT, 0 to 60 in 1.97 seconds

5. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

It don't matter now, the Lingfelter Corvette is faster.

0-60 in 1.97
    0-100 in 4.33
    <!-- Signature -->

6. #6 Ozz.G, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

check out other threads, I've been arguing that for months. 0-60 in 2.43 sec. the catch, they used Thompson slicks, that are street legal and practically reg. sport tires. Not to mention theat they need slicks to have higher than 3,000rpm launches or else the tries get roasted. Since it's legal and tested by MT I think you're right...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

i would like to mention a car from a small english company called DAX they have out a 370Bhp engine in a car weighing less than 400kg, which was tested at about 2.5/2.6 to 60. now i know the 800TT is quicker but they have just uprated the engine to 450Bhp which would give the car 1125Hp/Ton which should do 60 in about 2sec.so this would qualify as the fastest accelarating road car, all this without the aid of "road legal" slicks

9. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hennesseyms</i>
    <b>check out other threads, I've been arguing that for months. 0-60 in 2.43 sec. the catch, they used Thompson slicks, that are street legal and practically reg. sport tires. Not to mention theat they need slicks to have higher than 3,000rpm launches or else the tries get roasted. Since it's legal and tested by MT I think you're right...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Every F1 for 2002 season is faster at the 0-60.

For road cars recordholder , the tires were legal in the US but not in Europe.
    So the 800TT can't be considered as the recordholder.

10. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

The car should hold the record it went 0-60 in 2.43 with tsm slicks but it made the run in the rain.

11. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

I live in America and I only care about a car that I could drive on the road, and this is the fastest car I could race here.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

ok, like we've said, lets get back to the normal cars, street legal cars, not F1 shit. this car has done 2.43 in rain as said all legal and with basic upgrades.....they never had to drop half the car weight and double the engine, they actually added weight (making it around4,000lbs) and still ran the V10 to top everyone else, so quicherbitchin and stop tryin to bring F1 cars into just to top an almost basic car, not like u havent seen a car with mods. and plus, tell me wuts is this price that can beat it, this runs for $160,000.........................plus, hennessey took an everyday and made it better than all, an F1 car doesnt just drive around yur 5,000people population town now does it?

13. Re: This car should hold the record for 0-60

The Lingenfelter vette is about 150,000 and it's faster than this car in everyway. I don't care what you say the 800TT did not do 2.43 seconds to 60 in the rain not even a top fuel dragster could hold traction in the rain and run a 4 seconds 1/4 mile.