This engine is amazing!!

Discussion in '1991 Mazda 787B' started by Mr Rotary, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: This engine is amazing!!

Tweakin them to get a few more HP is even easier!

2. Re: This engine is amazing!!

Yeah, there is a 4 rotor open cockpit LMP car, its not all mazda, but the engine is. I know it raced at Sebring so im sure its coming to LeMans!

3. Re: This engine is amazing!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BLACKANGUS</i>
    <b>What's so great about this car? It won LeMans once, I hardly consider it a legend. Porsche 956962 won LeMans more times in a span of 10 years than any 1 car ever.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

did you miss the whole part about rotary's being banned after that, maye the reason that the 956962 won so many times is that by taking out rotaries they are pretty much just taking out all the real competition. They say that rotaries are unfair, and i blame people like that for rotaries not being a bigger thing, because f they'de just let rotaries race, people would realise how good they are, and other companies would be forced to make them aswell.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This engine is amazing!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mr Rotary</i>
    <b>I'm sure if the rules where re-written, Mazda would be more than happy to compete again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mazda competes under 2002 ACO rules , by giving the engine and gearbox to this car.

5. Re: This engine is amazing!!

This engine rules! I wish that my 2.4 l 4-cylinder had the same hp/litre as ANY rotary....

6. Re: This engine is amazing!!

what other companies use rotary engines besides Mazda? there has got to be someone out there.