this even a production car?

Discussion in '1998 Nissan R390 GT1' started by FireBird175, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Re: this even a production car?

look bro, i've already answered u b4, if u take a quick trip through da older posts. i'll say this again: very limited numbers were produced like da McLaren F1. 5? 3? i dunno

2. Re: this even a production car?

all i can say is this: very limited numbers produced, like da McLaren F1. 5? 3? i dunno how many.

3. Re: this even a production car?

Yes, it is.

4. Re: this even a production car?

I'd say there's more than 5 macs..

5. Re: this even a production car?

in case u missed my point there i was talking about how many R390s were produced, not McLarens.

6. Re: this even a production car?

No The street version was 367 horsepwoer.

7. Re: this even a production car?

sorry, but ur incorrect on that one. the street version has 550hp not 367 u mentioned. GT2 is so full of sh*t.

8. Re: this even a production car?

You're so right(!!).
    Thumbs up

9. Re: this even a production car?

thumbs up Hopoate-style!!!!

actually, i don't think this is a production car, theres too less to be called one. for example, there are 50 Dauer 962LM around and yet they are't considered production.

10. Re: this even a production car?

ok, only one of these cars (roadgoing) was made...the other 10 were developed for LeMans GT1 class...the rules state that there has to be at least 1 of the car to be made as a roadgoing car... Nissan had to produce one of them, and they did. nobody knows who owns the car, but i bet it would be in a museum, or Mr. Nissan himself may own it...

This was the only time where nissan challenged LeMans..and failed. I was reading an article on the car in Zoom Magazine (australian) a couple of days ago...this is where i learnt about what an awesome car it is!

11. Re: this even a production car?

did that mag say only one was produced? i thought atleast five road going ones of the 98 model was produced and 3(or maybe 4) was developed for racing.
    and what do u mean this is the only time Nissan challenged Le Mans? the only time they actually had a chance of winning it?

12. Re: this even a production car?

shut up, gay V8 supercar lover

13. Re: this even a production car?

v8s are so arousing.

14. Re: this even a production car?

i did read that there was a small production of them (THEM meaning more than 1). And this originated as a concept. im pointing that out to show that nissan can make good concepts, not just stupid 1 cubic foot cars.

15. Re: this even a production car?

No, this wasnt the only time nissan challenged Le Mans. How about the R33 Skyline LM?

16. Re: this even a production car?

no siree! they only made threee of them not countin the ones that are involved in le mans.

17. i know this wasn't the only time nissan challenged Le Mans, they've been at it since the 1980s. i was just asking what he meant by the only time nissan challenged Le Mans.