this is a beemer eater... right?

Discussion in '1930 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Gran Turismo' started by BMW serail killer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

yea, and it did in australia, it was even beatin Ferrari until it span out<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>yea, and it did in australia, it was even beatin Ferrari until it span out</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If Trulli didnt spin he couldnt have held off Schumi for the whole race. Schumi would have done what he did to Montoya. He would have set him up for a few laps then made the move.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

probably true. but you never know........<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>yea, and it did in australia, it was even beatin Ferrari until it span out</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->what a waste!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from avsfan21</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>yea, and it did in australia, it was even beatin Ferrari until it span out</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If Trulli didnt spin he couldnt have held off Schumi for the whole race. Schumi would have done what he did to Montoya. He would have set him up for a few laps then made the move.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yup, Trulli just needs more experience, besides that, he has everything he needs to beat the big boys<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

lol trulli has a lot more experience that kimi raikkonen and kimi does a great job holding up a car like williams or ferrari without spinning out.

8. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

the renault has aerodynamics problems making it much tougher to drive than the big three, the engine is close to or better than McLaren... but the aero. done by adrian is just superb for the benz

9. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

The engine is actually one of the problems. The problem is that the V angle of the engine is too wide. The engine flexes in turns and they havent had much improvement over the year. In the beginning of the year they were close to the mclaren's pace but mclaren has improved a lot over the year and Renault was left behind.

10. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

the angle is 110° and that is exceptional for F1 race cars normally they use the holy 90° but Renault wanted to make a big entree with a new edge but unfortunatly it worked in the other way.
    lets hope for next year

11. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

most teams are using 90 degrees right now but the top teams like ferrari might choose to go the renault path and go with a wider V angle. We'll see in the years to come.

12. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

so renault will be at the base of a major change in the F1.
    if its true what you said it will be an other plus on the list of Renault's long history.

13. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

This is no Beemer eater I assure you.
    This engine is at least 80bhp down on what BMW have to offer.
    Its aero package is better than all in the 2003 paddock because of the extra testing time Renault gets but the shockingly unreliable 110° V10 is more of a pain than a plus as the technical director, Mike Gascoyne, has said.

Being a wider angle engine it has a lower centre of balance meaning it can corner better.
    However, this wide angle turns out to be its hermatia.
    Wider angle engines are harder to balance meaning it can't rev as high because of the dispersed energy increasing as the engine increasingly loses balance, this basically means it can't make the horsepower to challenge the big names like BMW, Mercedes and Ferrari.

Renault are going back to a traditional 90° V10, much like what Mercedes, BMW and Ferrari will be running in 2004.
    Conversely some years ago Mercedes experimented forsaking centre of balance for more revs with there 72° V10 in the MP4/15, much like what Ferrari do in there road cars (65° V12 Enzo.)
    Time has shown that overall the 90° unit works best in Formula 1.

14. Re: this is a beemer eater... right?

If Truili held off Shumi, Kimi could of won the championship.