THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

Discussion in '1998 Nissan R390 GT1' started by tvr rules, Aug 10, 2002.

1. ON GT-2 THIS IS A GREAT CAR. AND I'VE HEARD THAT IT CAN GO OVER 220MPH

2. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

This Car on GT2, is different, on gt2 is has greater acceleration, and the top speed is decreased.

3. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

This car is in Test Drive Five. Its handling is great, and its top speed is 230. Acceleration is sluggish for being one of the faster cars on the game, but being able to fly through the turns well makes up for it.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

video games mean SSH!T in real life

5. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

i heard dis had a 0-100kph time of 3.3 sec and top speed of 207mph

6. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

and also a 0-160kph time of 9.7 secs with a qtr mile time 11.9 secs

7. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

Well... ACTUALLY ...it depends on how you look at it, b/c now-a-days games are being designed to match the real specs and performance stats of the real cars. They come pretty close, but that's my opinion.

8. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

Really? I'm just curious, but where did you hear this?
    on a website?

9. #9 XR SICK, Dec 31, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  10. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

Cool, thanx man.--I've even heard 0-60 time of 3.6 and 3.5, so...
    I'd go with 3.5, even tho 3.3 sounds nice, but, i'd be a little more around maybe 590 or 600hp to do 3.3, but, it sounds believeable TO ME that it'd be 3.6, but that's just me.

11. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

cool, thanx man

I heard 0-60 in 3.5

That sounds more believeable than 3.3 or 3.9 in my opinion.

12. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

no prob, i believe it to be 3.9 instead of 3.3 coz i couldn't stand seeing this car having such a weak 0-100 after a good 0-60. I read from somewhere i can't remember that 0-100 was 9.2 or 9.3 though qtr mile time remained the same. If u ask me i don't really believe the acceleration times on the site i gave u.

13. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

that's cool, I should have mentioned that I also ~wish~ that the 1/4 was around 9 sec, but, I guess that it makes a little sense if the 0-60 is what it is, then the 1/4 seems about right, but still---I would like to see more of some tests of 0-60 & 1/4 times...

14. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

You are Mistaken its top speed is est 205 mph in real life that game is a bit unrealistic

15. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

in said game Gran Turismo 2, both of the featured R390 road cars have 350 or so peak hp untuned, and thus are far from the mentioned performance numbers. so i threw a turbo in the car (the '97) and power was about 550, and sure enough the perfomance numbers came close to matching. then again GT2 is a PSX game, therefore pretty old. im waiting for GT4.

16. Re: THIS IS FASTER THAN YOU THINK!!!!!

Are you sure that the top speed is only 205 mph? The LeMans version probably goes around 220 mph. Maybe it's just because this is the street version of the LeMans car.

17. NOT VERY FAST

18. the figures in gran turismo is wrong. unless thats how much power it generates without turbos then i'm mistaken. but since all all r390s, road going and racing, are turbocharged, then the figures stay at 550hp.