This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by M360, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

and it's not a v16 it's a W16

2. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

you are full of sh*t american power kicks a$$ everything else sucks hind tit

3. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

this has a twin turbo v8 which #$%#s all your ferrari, lambo and jap crap. so now choke on!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

whats goin on? everybodys rantin about some shit how it aint true.
    what aint true?

"My other rides your girlfriend"

5. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

dude this guy just cant take that a vette beat a bugatti and now hes makin up crap. hes just a low life who wants to hump a bugatti so he lies to show his feelings. i think theres a place in hawaii who'll marry them if hes interested.

6. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

a twin turbo v8 smokes ferrari and whatever you wanna put in front of this vette. the technology of GM durin this years isn't as good as it's today but hey! 88 vette technology takes out a viper and all that shit

7. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

Why is it that no one has had any factual basis for their arguments? You people need to learn that it is the same damn technology that runs a v8 engine, a w16 engine, or an i4. It's all just different scales. You attatch some sort of mystical superiority to cars that were assembled in the countries of your preference. Nobody concedes that the british can make a good bike, or the americans can put together something that isn't a gas-guzler, or anything other than supercars comes out of italy. All these forums have turned into is one big circular argument: "American cars suck!" "no they don't! Japanese cars suck!" "I'm going to pick a cool looking car and defend it only for my pride"
    I also think that the person who submitted this post doesn't understand that cars can be modified. Just cause they've all got the same body, it doesn't mean that they're all the same. This car was built up off the LT1 (I believe) engine to break the top speed record of the day. It did. Give it credit. If a bugatti comes along and beats it, great. The world is moving along. That doesn't mean that corvettes are suddenly worthless cars.

8. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

a twin turbo 360 modena would probably be pretty freaking fast...

maybe not as fast as this, but your comparing stock cars compared to a car with a sticker price of 400k most of which is upgrades designed specifically to get this car the highest possible top speed.

You must remember that most of these other cars arn't built specifically to achive top speed, or 0-60. They are built for overall performance.

Bugatti could probably make a car that would beat this if they built a car for the specific purpose of top speed. The veyron is very close, but its not just built for it, its built for extreme luxury, handling, daily drivability. The absolutely ludacris amount of power they put into it is just a plus.

And if your the type that only cares about top speed or 0-60 or horsepower.

The landspeed record is like 750mph.

A bullet does 0-60 in minute fractions of a second.

And the midwest of the U.S. has all the horses you'll need.

9. Re: This isnt true, all this is, is a regular 88 corvette

a midena will never rule over this! forget that!