This little car is quick!

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by slinkywizard, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: This little car is quick!

you must be new to cars ha? its actually the same as the current Elise (which is only just quicker than the original one) just different colour scheme.

but yeah the Elise ROCKS!!! no two ways about it! modern classic. and i love the black/gold scheme on this 72 version. very cool.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This little car is quick!

SlinkyLizard I like your skull and cross bones<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This little car is quick!

Casanova7: Turbocharge or Supercharge it. Nice 'n' High HP then.

4. Re: This little car is quick!

Increase the HP a little?

Lotus Elise...0-60mph in 5.6secs(not 5.7secs!)

Lotus Elise Sport 135...0-60mph in 5.3secs

Lotus Elise Sport 190...0-60mph in 4.4secs

There u go.........a model for everyone!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This little car is quick!

wow!
    I've always loved the Elise, second fav car actually (Tuscan takes first position with me).
    This colour sceme RULES!
    too bad they didn't up the horsepower.
    Man I had almost forgot the Elise but this revived me.
    God save the brits!

btw, Britcarsrule, I love those pics u posted.
    if u have any others of Elise's or TVR's that are worth a look, plz send them to dannymuhr@hotmail.com under the subject line of Supercars Pics TVR/Elise. i get rather a lot of junkmail u c...

<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This little car is quick!

Does anyone know the full story on the exige? I know it's pretty much the elise, but I don't know if it's a special model or just an idea for an elise reskin.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This little car is quick!

The Exige is the road going version of the Elise Motorsport(which was a track car).......190bhp engine and goes like a rocket!
    Based on the first Elise.....just imaging if they did one of the 2nd generation<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This little car is quick!

Thanks. I hadn't seen the new elise until now. I thought the exige had a unique headlight treatment, but apparently the new elise uses the same, and has a revised rear. sexy ass.<!-- Signature -->

9. #9 700bhpcaterham, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: This little car is quick!

Hows about the Turbo Technics Lotus Elise. This has a supercharger installed to give 190 bhp and 170lb ft, which get it to 60 in 4.6 seconds. Evo reckons that "£6756 doesn't buy a better conversion". But i would rather have a Caterham 7 Superlight R500, with its power to weight ratio of 500bhp per tonne, this beast has 230 bhp and weighs in at only 460kg, which lets it scream to 60 in only 3.6 seconds and to 100 in 8.8 seconds before it tops out at 146mph

http://www.evo.co.uk The thrill of driving

10. Re: This little car is quick!

what they should do is put some twin inline four motorcycle engines in there. You could get maybe 380 hp out of the two of them and they would run up in the high rpm's. I don't know about you but this car that ways nothing with those engines reving up to 15000 rpm is rea;;y appealing

11. Re: This little car is quick!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vroom,vroom</i>
    <b>what they should do is put some twin inline four motorcycle engines in there. You could get maybe 380 hp out of the two of them and they would run up in the high rpm's. I don't know about you but this car that ways nothing with those engines reving up to 15000 rpm is rea;;y appealing </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why don't you get on that. sounds like an easy relitavely cheap project. I'd love to do some work on a car like that. I always thought one engine wasn't enough work, or headache. Don't take it personal man. just getting cheeky.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This little car is quick!

the reason it's so quick is cause of it's weight, and the engineering of the great Lotus.>>>
    Later<!-- Signature -->