This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

Discussion in '2000 Buick Regal GNX Concept' started by FeLiX93, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from polara_426sh</i>
    <b>It needs to be solid black, 2 door, and turbo, not supercharged.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I quite like the two-tone color highlights. But thats just me.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PRO</i>
    <b>well, it sure looks it's target group is elderly people...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeh rite 300 them old farts will become a fade in the distance heheheh

3. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

is it me or does it remind you a lot of the mafia car from GTA3?

just a thought.

badass car too.

4. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hamberger</i>
    <b>is it me or does it remind you a lot of the mafia car from GTA3?

just a thought.

badass car too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Never heard of the GTA3. Got info?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

GTA3 is Grand Theft Auto 3. A video game..hehe.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tumblerman</i>
    <b>GTA3 is Grand Theft Auto 3. A video game..hehe.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Right, just testing you... <font size="-2"> They don't suspect a thing... </font size><!-- Signature -->

7. well, it sure looks it's target group is elderly people...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

i bet its fast though

9. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

I'm 22 and I'd love to have a car like that. The 3800 motor is a very tuneable motor, you get 4 doors, Buick comfort/luxury, decent gas mileage, plus it just looks very tasteful, although I agree the wing could go.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

Listen i have a freind with a 1998 regal GS and hes smoking 2000 M3's with it just the look on their face is a reason to buy this car alone

11. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

haha cruiser for old farts... i agree....retired family doctors who play bingo

12. Hmmm. . . . . . dont think so

thats what people tought in the 80s with the original GNs and it came to kick them right in the @ss!

13. Re: Hmmm. . . . . . dont think so

This car would make a GREAT sleeper!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

It needs to be solid black, 2 door, and turbo, not supercharged.

15. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

This thing is a pure-bred ryce-eater. I would love to see the look on some stupid kids face when i leave his Vtech Si in my rearview. I would love to own one of these.

16. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

I like it! For old people? I don't think so! If it's cheap and fast, teens will buy it.

17. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

It would retail for about 35k.

And the Nissan Maxima would eat it alive.

It's not that good at all.

18. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

on the contrary, it probably wouldn't. i have a 1992 park avenue ultra. it has a supercharged 3.8, and with the only upgrade being the pilots i had put on, it hits 60 miles per hour in under six seconds. not bad for a weighty luxury car with no upgrades outside of tires. note that this is a 1992. now i've been told that the 92's were by far the fastest year for the park ave ultra, but i don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to make something faster with the same engine if they wanted to. i beat mine to hell, and it redlines at 5500 on top of that. if it's already going to cost 35 (in the case of the gnx) or 43 (in the case of the pa ultra), i'm sure they'd have no trouble modifying different parts to make a faster car. put in a better exhaust system, that'll make it faster for not much more money... and they obviously have the capabilities for things like that.

my point is, there's no telling until it comes out, it could easily be a 5.5 second 0-60 car with simple modifications off of my car. hell, if they cut the weight by 200 pounds (not hard to do seeing as everything in my car is as heavy as they could get it it seems) it'd be faster.

300 ft lb... i wouldn't be too critical of it yet.

i do think they should stick with the supercharging though.

all of this just my opinion, but i've practically got one of those right now, only uglier if you can believe it.

19. #19 bizzyfool56, Aug 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

This thing needs to be turbo not supercharged most importantly, solid black, and some better looking wheels would be a good touch. That and they need to rename it because no matter what they do its not going to touch the GNX or even GN, so they should probably try not to outrage too many GNX/GN owners. Take a ride in a GNX or GN that someone has tuned, and you can feel why it needs a turbo. BTW, if some of you guys here don't know what the original GNX looks like, here's a nice pic of one. http://www.gnttype.org/images/87gnx-rw.jpg

20. Re: Hmmm. . . . . . dont think so

I agree... like the Caterham Super 7 R500R.

21. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

no, i think it looks quite sleek even without those body modifications and with 300hp it certainly is not designed to be a slow highway cruiser for old people

22. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

ahumm...idiots

23. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

Whats up with gm bringing back all the old cars and killing them? If they are gonna bring em' back do it right. A 4 door GN? PLZ try a little harder. And the gay little wing just doesnt work for me.

24. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

Oh, and do you have. A civic, wait let me guess. That will beat this old granny car. Am I right?

25. Re: This looks like a cruiser for retired old farts...

sure this thing is a typical american ass car... it's not a super car...

american cars sux... thats why toyota passed over ford sales in 2003...

be carefull with toyota in 3 years in F1... with $$$ cars will work well in a couple of years... they are gaining market in the united states...