This might be irrelevant but.....

Discussion in '1954 Fiat 8V' started by chameleon, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

I see a lot of AM DB4 GT in this, but I am not sure if this came before or after. Hmmm, Ferrari 166 MM too...<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

Looks like a mix of Aston Martin DB4 and Austin Healey. Just my opinion.

3. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

like my picture

/
    /

\
    \<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Carrera26</i>
    <b>I see a lot of AM DB4 GT in this, but I am not sure if this came before or after. Hmmm, Ferrari 166 MM too...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->this cars b4 the db4<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CARNUT</i>
    <b>this may make no sense to anyone unless u are quite knowledgable, but the front looks a tad like a cisitalia 202, which was styled by pininfarina in 1946. look it up!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Really? Looks like the ferrari 225 vignale coupe to me.

6. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

I think the cisitalia looks much more like the db4 or the healy then this.

7. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

Healy's are emazing... my cuzin took me in a ride in his, and man.. it is just such a nice ride..

8. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>also a hint of 300SL Gullwing in it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes, yes it does, and the 300SL gullwing is the greatest car ever made<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: F>I>A>T

Having owned several Fiats over the years... I found them more reliable than a great number of cars built at the same time. I put 60 thousand miles on 76 with only a clutch, three timing belts, a waterpump, and an alternator needed... and that was already a ten year old car when I got it...

10. rather unimpressive

Hmmm, the stats on it are kind of unimpressive, arn't they? I am just really surprised that it managed to be a winning race car, it must have taken a talented driver to be competative with it with only 105 hp.

Still, some of them were made with aluminum bodies, which I think is pretty cool.

11. Re: rather unimpressive

racing versions have usually more horsepower...

12. Re: rather unimpressive

hmm.. lets think about this one...

1950s "plus" 2 litres "plus" 105hp

not all that bad for a standard high production car of the time...

(note the "high production", not "hand built" of greater cars like ferrari et al)

13. Re: rather unimpressive

For the time, the performance figures are pretty good. The Triumph TR6 of 1969-73 only managed 150 BHP with fuel injection from a 2.5 liter engine, and was considered swift. In my opinion, it is the styling of this car thats lets it down; it seems out of proportion somehow, and looks uncomfortable on its wheels, particularly at the rear.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: rather unimpressive

How do you stick a V8 in that without it flipping over frontwards, well maybe not that bad.

15. Re: rather unimpressive

its times like this that call for me to remind you that horsepower, while it may be a great determining factor, does not win a race. power-to-weight ratio and handling win a race, depending on the driver. if horsepower was the only thing that won races, a stock Dodge Viper would definitely smoke a slightly modified 92 Honda Civic HB, but will it?

16. Re: rather unimpressive

Unimpressive? The race versions had about 130 hp, and the motor is only a 2 liter pushrod. Not bad at all for 1952-1956, when these cars were built!

Dott.Ing.Stuart Schaller
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

kind of like a pegaso Z102/103, from the side at least

18. F>I>A>T

it obviously stands for "Fix, It, Again, Tony"

19. yeah... good...

oh, sorry, forgot to laugh...

20. Re: F>I>A>T

its not a joke

21. Re: F>I>A>T

don't be the funny guy, it means: fabrica italia automobile torino

22. Re: F>I>A>T

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Xanavi</i>
    <b>it obviously stands for "Fix, It, Again, Tony"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->haha thats my auto teacher's name (tony)<!-- Signature -->

23. Re:
    rather unimpressive

Hint: It's a '54 Fiat 8V Zagato Berlinetta..

Blah @ this topic...totally stupid

24. Re: This might be irrelevant but.....

the front does a look like it doesn't it? i like this car the zagato styling is amazing, can't say much for the power though but if i owned it i wouldn't really mind, the cisitalias have been very nice looking and pretty powerful for the time, plus they were pioneers in car design, especially with the berlinetta style.

25. Re: F>I>A>T

or it can stand for
    fix it all the time
    and ford is
    Fix or repair daily