This or 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans

Discussion in '2006 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron' started by Nathan M, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Actually, i've heard that the baby Bugatti could be thought of as a Elise-style, reasonably stipped out car running a V8 or V10 (i would guess the V8 would be based of the RS4 motor, and the V10 the Gallardo/S8 engine) But either way, i'm dying to see what they can do with it!!! They managed to make the Veyron so brilliant, that anything is possible with the next one!

2. having the Gallardo engine would be conflicting interests of both parties.

and its front-engined...so that rules out Elise-style handling/theme.

as i said...DB9

3. Veyron

First off, everyone talking about reliability is talking too much.

Now, I started getting interested in cars after the 962 and the very little I know about it is from this site, and I don't even know all that info. But I love the Veyron because it is an immense achievement in so many respects. Sure, a 962 does have impressive numbers itself, but it doesn't weigh 4150 lbs. It doesn't have a 1000 (sorry 1000 AND 1) bhp engine, nor a gearbox to handle that power (an automatic tranny, at that). I look at it as the ultimate automotive accomplishment as of right now, considering all aspects of its design.

A 962 is an awesome car for going fast... but so is Michael Schumacher's F1 car. The Veyron is simply on a different level.

4. you #$%#ing morons, the dauer is a full blown race car, it's like 2 different markets except for the fact that they're both crazy fast and quick..somebody who has the bugatti probably already has one of the porshe or dauer racers..because they're car collectors..the bugatti is way more comfort oriented than a dauer, and still performs nicely, so cut it with the what if crap on cars you'll probably never have a chance to see in your life

5. you morons, the dauer is a full blown race car, it's like 2 different markets except for the fact that they're both crazy fast and quick..somebody who has the bugatti probably already has one of the porshe or dauer racers..because they're car collectors..the bugatti is way more comfort oriented than a dauer, and still performs nicely, so cut it with the what if crap on cars you'll probably never have a chance to see in your life

6. well...half blown.

7. Hard... they are so different.

8. Reading all the negative posts about the Veyron here made me laugh a lot. What the @#@$# is your point when u trash talk about that fenomenal achievement of engineering? Bugatti made a palace on four wheels that can make a Mac F1 look like a family car on a straight track and made people here compare it to the fastest !race cars ever made. What does that tell you? This is the best road car ever made and as Jeremy Clarkson said - probably the best car that we will see in our lifetime.

9. I'd take the Bugatti by a mile

10. and thats whats impressive about it that its the fastest car in all aspects and it contains and 6 cylinder engine compared to 16 of the veyron and its displacement

11. remarkable how people get worked up if they cant 'win' an argument...each to his own.Sometimes the easiest way to settle a dispute is to simply look at the facts...dont kill the 'messenger'. The Bugatti Veyron is an amazing vehicle.Yes, it is expensive and yes only a few 'lucky ones' will see one in their life,even fewer will drive one and only a selected few will ever be the proud owner of one. This car is for the super rich (although I have seen a initiative-myveyron.com -where some 'normal' okes are trying to raise money to buy a veyron - crazy!but,at least they are trying) anyhow, for now,I suggest everyone (even if you dont 'like' the car) accept the fact that this is an amazing feat and a 'job well done' to everyone involved in the creation of this vehicle.amen

12. I think they are both immensely impressive automotive achievements, just in different aspects.

For instance, the 962 is almost thirteen years old now. It has a six cylinder engine, and, for the most part, is a relatively simple and down to earth car. Now, lets keep the phrase "down to earth" relative here, as we are talking super high performance cars.

Now, consider the Veyron. This aswell is an immense achievement in that it is a technological and engineering marvel. Combining the latest technology, pushing the boundaries of what a car can do as a result of new technology, and above all hitting huge automotive and technological extremes never before seen in a car; that's what makes this car impressive.

They are both amazing cars. I do not think it is fair to compare the two, as they were both created with completely different automotive philosophies.

13. Both cars??

14. The Dauer hands down. It's actaully a race car. The Bugatti wouldn't do well on a race track.

15. cool car but top speed after 4,75 kilometers.!!!!! That is stupid.! I want that top speed will bee after maximum 1000 meters.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(1 km)

16. HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAA!!!

17. ROTFLMAO!!!!
    You do make a strong point thoug, measuring top speed nowadays is very impractical, as there are very few places in the world where you can atually maz them out.

18. How many race cars (or the veyron for that matter) have an in dash LCD rearview that doubles as a DVD player? Or as much cargo volume as the Dauer?

19. I'm a Porsche guy but this car is indeed impressive. It's just not my thing.

20. Both, or either, i would be ok with that.

21. I don't see what's so impressive about this car. With 8 liters, 16 cylinders, and 4 turbos, it would be a disgrace if it didn't break 1,000 horses. Secondly, it's so heavy and unaerodynamic. this was designed in an art studio, not a wind tunnel. If it was aerodynamic, it would only need maybe 700 HP to break 250. I just think it's more a fashion statement than a real automotive technological breakthrough.

22. LOL!!! What an idiot... I can see that you are almost a 6 star member, good for you man!!! I haven't been to this website for a really long time!!!!

24. Well said my main man, somethings telling me that there never be vehicles like the 962 LM GT anymore, just because of what it was capable of pulling, as far as performance numbers are concerned.