This or Mclaren F1

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98 Straßenversion' started by Atman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Ok, this car is fast, but its not fast enough for me. The F1 beatst in acceleration and top speed. they are the same in the quarter mile. So this or an F1 i would take the McLaren over this so bad it not even funny<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This or Mclaren F1

ok, im going to be strait about this, in a Le Mans race, its up to the better driver, in 1/4 mi. it would be the same, in a strait away, the McLaren would win, but i think i would rather have the GT1 because to me the GT1 is the car ever made, hey PORSCHE PRIDE......

3. Re: This or Mclaren F1

The Mclaren is also powered by a BMW V12 6 liter (I beleive) so i hope that it is going to be a little better otherwise i have no pride in being german. The Mclaren also cost um a heck of a lot more that this thats for sure. Dont read the sales prices posted when both cars were sold by factory, veiw what people are paying for. I would take the GT1 any day over the mclaren. This is such a great car( same as the Mclaren) but theres more behind this car. A heritage that is one to none.

4. Re: This or Mclaren F1

The GT1 can do 206 mph with the taller optional final-drive ratio and near-horizontal wing settings.And there are only 30 cars. I believe that I would take the Porsche over the Mclaren F1. Now don't get me wrong, you would have great time in both of the cars. The Mclaren does have a BMW engine in it. I do have to say that the Mclaren F1 was never meant to be raced at Le Mans. So for a car that is street legal and to have won Le Mans (1995) is great. Porsche has won Le Mans 16 times, and they have won it 7 times in a row (1981-1987).

5. Re: This or Mclaren F1

I prefer the McLaren , much better looking.

6. Re: This or Mclaren F1

MCLAREN BEETS THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THIS.

7. Re: This or Mclaren F1

oh it does does it, then why did it get ***** slapped when it went against it?

GT1-NO CHEAP DOWNFORCE MAKERS-mclaren=fans sucking@the bottom

8. Re: This or Mclaren F1

it got beat because the gtr is not the same as the F! the GTR was meant for pure acceleration 2.1 0-60!!!!!!!!! thats fukin crazy for a modified road car. the gt1 has a higher top speed.

but if you put these 2 cars on the street, sorry, but the gt1 would get raped.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This or Mclaren F1

ahh so you never read the road and track review that called the F1 UNWIELDY and AWKWARD

10. Re: This or Mclaren F1

ummm...

a few idiots in here

The McLaren was MADE FOR LeMans. It was made specifically to LeMans spec.

Fans sucking at the bottom? Well, if it's legal...

Oh yeah, obviously the F1 beat all of Porsche's entries in 1995.

The McLaren f1 and GTR were actually different cars. Suspension setups were entirely different (hence the F1's poor .86G skidpad)

Sure it's awkward, it has shitty visibility, shitty AC, and you're sitting in the centre of the car, with way too much power. It's a race car for the road. It's not supposed to be practical.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: This or Mclaren F1

I don't know what the hell atman is talking about, the GT1R does have a better top speed, but it only a litle higher.
    Porsche GT1R mclaren gtr
    544 HP 600 HP
    0-60 (3.3) 0-60(2.1)
    top Speed 202MPH Top Speed 197 MPH

So as you can see, the GT1's speed is not that much higher than the McLaren's. So atman do us all a favor and Shut The **** Up, *****!!!!

PORSCHE RAPED MCLAREN
    GT1R GTR

12. Re: This or Mclaren F1

i'm a HUGE porsche fan!

but here i'll have to say the McLaren F1...<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: This or Mclaren F1

if u read the mclaren book driving ambition, youll find that the mclaren ws made to be a street car and then reluctantly raced (with great success in 1995). but then porsche introduced the GT1 a purebread racecar that upped the stakes to a level that mclaren had never wanted to go, then mercedes took things even farther. mclaren tried to counter with longtail versions, but by 1998 they were completely outclassed as racecars.
    the GT1 is a race car, they built a few with radios & comfy seats just to make it legal for racing. but it is a race car & was never meant to be driven to work by anyone. if your intentions are racing the GT1 is your car, if you want a supercar you can actually drive around by the mclaren. but how many of us really have to make that choice.

14. Re: This or Mclaren F1

man i love porsche-a few pics<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: This or Mclaren F1

MCLAREN F1<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: This or Mclaren F1

I tend to believe that after a certain point, it becomes more about driving ability. After all, we're talking about two cars with top speeds and acceleration times differing only by very small increments. I believe that either of these cars would be great to drive and fun to race, but as for a clear winner, I think that would really come down to the abilities of the drivers themselves.

Personally, though, I'd pick the Porsche over the McLaren if I was going to buy one. I just like the look better, and I've been a big Porsche fan ever since I got my 1987 911 Turbo.

But, hey, that's just my opinion.

-Skippy

17. Re: This or Mclaren F1

Neither of the cars has 0-60 2.1. The GT1 has 3.5 and the F1 has 3.4. The GT1 has a LOWER top speed, 206 mph compared to 240 mph.

18. Re: This or Mclaren F1

Look at your Mc. F1 it is a v12 6L. now look at the porsche, 6 cylinder 3.2L. we are talking big difference there my friend! almost twice in size. acc. is fairly close, hp ratings pretty similar.

Mclaren made a big waste with engine capacity of the car. it has not been used for anything. F@#$ THAT!!

Porsche Rulz! !

19. Re: This or Mclaren F1

Sorry to break it to you but ,the Mclaren F1 was solely made for street. I have the book made by the makers of the Mclaren. They stress alot that the Mcalren WASN'T made for racing. Only after they built it did they realize that it was so good that they could put in in the Races.

P.S. I love Porsche a %^$^%ing lot[lok at my symbol under my stats ] but , the Mclaren would be my pick of the litter.

20. Re: This or Mclaren F1

i would take the mclaren as u would be able to drive it on the road and it would be at least vaguely civilised compared to the track engineered porsche. as well i'm thinking that due to the high boost of the porsche engine it would be a bitxh to drive as it would be peaky as, compared to the bmw engine - rated by many as the best road engine of all time! porsche would flog the mclaren around a track though - no contest.

21. YOU ARE ONE OF THE IDIOTS. The Porsche and CLK GTR's beat the tar out of the McLarens and pussy McLAren bowed out of GT1 because of them.