THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Discussion in '2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe' started by supraiscool, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i like the front of 350z better, but this thing has a sexy rear end. and the power is about the same, which would u guys choose>?

2. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

This is the 350z! It looks like it but is probably more posh inside

3. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

It's the same car but it was just rebadged with a different grille and different taillight and headlight treatment, even the same engine is used.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The 350Z for me. The styling works more for me on the 350Z. I would say the power question is iffy. Nissan has been messing around a lot with the new VQ35 and has come up with all sorts of power numbers from 240 to a predicted 280 HP. However, the 350Z has only been guaranteed a minimum of 260 HP and Nissan's running out of room to differentiate the HP numbers of higher level cars from lower level ones since many models use the same basic motor with slight changes. Which leaves the question of which will really have more power, i'm sure they'll both have the goodies like limited slip diff, and apparently both have 6 speed manual's, so price and styling will probably be the main issue. However the 350Z should be out first so it will have a head start, plus it is an icon as the carrier of the Z name. I think this G35 coupe is stylistically different enough from the 350Z, though the power seems to close to really ask a lot more for this car. The interiors look very different however, as this one is almost the same as the G35 sedan which is nothing like the 350Z interior. About time Nissan brought some true sports cars to the US. Now, the only question is where is the Skyline R35 and whens it gettin here??? Not to mention a turbo version of the new VQ35 would be nice (TT VQ35 possible in the R35 GT-R if they don't use the Q45's V8). Though a TT VQ35 on the 350Z would be nice(for price reasons), considering the GT-R is probably gonna be one expensive machine, but well worth every penny. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

definitely the Z. more of a drivers car. lighter. better power to weight and undoubtedly more enjoyable road dynamics. i also personally rather the look of the Z. main plus for the G35 is the rear seating, but i don't have a problem with 2 seaters. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The G35. Because I like hard sharp lines. The creeses and lines on the G35 are far more distinct than the lines of the 350Zed. the Zed is nice but too round. I want it hard and sharp. Plus the Rear and front lights are nicer. Obviously the interior is going to be nicer. It will lose a little performance but I don't mine the trade off. I'm not going to race around on a reg. But I would like comfort on a reg.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

One big difference is that the Z is a 2seater and this is a 2+2, seats 4

8. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The Infiniti Models are a Step Higher than the Nissans
    the Pathfinder to the Q-X4
    the Maxima to the I-35
    ----------
    The Infinitis are more of a luxury, I think the I-35 a bit more femme than the Maxima,
    This will depend on once the Car comes out. This Car Might seem better, or seem to...not sporty,, w/e ur taste is<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TPANCe 516</i>
    <b>The Infiniti Models are a Step Higher than the Nissans
    the Pathfinder to the Q-X4
    the Maxima to the I-35
    ----------
    The Infinitis are more of a luxury, I think the I-35 a bit more femme than the Maxima,
    This will depend on once the Car comes out. This Car Might seem better, or seem to...not sporty,, w/e ur taste is</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Are you talkin bout the I35 or G35? G35 to the Maxima? The G35 is better. More Power, RWD, nicer interior. Exterior is a matter of taste. If your talkin bout the I35, I think the Max is nicer. But isn't the I35 RWD? <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Ilike this one better than the 350 because it looks better sall around!!!

11. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

For some reason I have a better appreciation for the infiniti name. If I saw this driving down the road I would probably say "Woah, that's a cool infiniti" and watch it and study it intently. If I saw the Nissan, I would probabaly look at it and say "oh, it's a nissan, that's pretty cool."

12. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

I like this. The back is much nicer and edgier. It's styled a lot better, looks more coherent and less feminine IMHO.

13. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

I personally can't justify buying a 3300lbs 2 seater (Z). If I was willing to make that practicality sacrafice, I'd go with an S2000.

14. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

I WOULD TAKE THIS OVER THE 350Z!

i love this thing!
    and the 2+2 just sweetens the deal.....if i get enough money to buy this (wich i might) i will buy it in a SECOND. THAT WOULD BE JJJJJOOOOOOOYYYYY!!!!

i love the styling and everything else about it.....

the 350z is awsome but i just wouldn't like having only 2 seats.....

15. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

they sorta look the same from certain angles, but put it this way, would you rather be in a lexus or a toyota? lincoln or ford? see what i mean?

16. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

I would choose which ever one rides the smothest and has the best handling cuz they pretty much look the same to me....

17. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

18. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The G35 is a larger car by far, but it is more balanced then the 350Z. I would take this over the Nissan.

19. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

yo
    thier the same thing in a different package

20. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

i'd definetly take the 350Z over this thing. Nissan has been out longer and can make better cars without taking pretty much the whole car from another company.

21. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Nissan IS Infiniti. Infiniti doesnt exist outside the U.S.

22. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

They are almost the same, w/ the Z being a little sportier, but I think a 2 seater would be a pain in the ass. also, the infiniti is a lot nicer inside.

23. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

z no doubt

24. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

I was going to buy a Z. However the sales people at the dealerships I went to were a bunch of arrogant shitheads, so I bought an Infiniti. I wasnt about to shell out $43k for a Z! I fought and fought but they wouldnt move from that price. sheesh! still pisses me off just thinking about it...

25. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

they are on the same platform i think so its all what ur looking for. a nice luxury sports car with that kick or the 2 seater road car for the weekends