This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

Discussion in '1996 Lexus SC400' started by Spencer Clarke, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This car actually has 289 bhp. Also I tested this car and I got it to hit 264 kmph/about 176 mph.

2. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

Actually, the newer 98 and after ones have 290 BHP. THe older one's had about 245 BHP. My friend has an older one.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

There were three different outputs of the SC400. The '92-'96 I believe it was had 250 HP (I used to has a '93 SC400, and yes, it had 250 HP). The '96-'97 had 260 HP, and then the '98-'00 had 290 HP. I know my HP ratings are right, but I'm not sure if the exact years are right.

4. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

My car is a 93 V8 Limited GT, and it can do 174MPH and 0-60 in 6 seconds, where did you get the info which is posted at the top of the page as its totally rubbish.The origional was limited to 155MPH, but unlimited is what mine is. If you want to fill in all of those blanks go to lexusclub.co.uk for all the info. This car was made for the Japanese market, but then decided to try America - but the Japanese spec is far superior to the Americans and the Japs had more options available than the Americans. Mine is from Japan and is the dogs B******s, 260BHP (I think)and it can go 174MPH, faster than quite a few Porsche's, Ferrari's and several other supercars of its era, and now. Come on get the info right, this is most proberbly the best car ever produced, most reliable and superior car and deserves more.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

There were three different outputs of the SC400. The '92-'96 I believe it was had 250 HP (I used to has a '93 SC400, and yes, it had 250 HP). The '96-'97 had 260 HP, and then the '98-'00 had 290 HP. I know my HP ratings are right, but I'm not sure if the exact years are right.

actually there were only 2 different versions i know this because we have the first one and i know this because i live for cars the first version was 92-94 had 150hp and 95- whatever year they stopped making them (i forget exactally what year) had 190hp

6. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

Canada got SC upto 1996 US got them to 2000
    I think the other person was right on the money when he said 92-95 has 250 96-97 has 260 and 98-00 has 290 (vvti). The body changes were 92-94 has the same one w/ the big amber turn signals on the top of the rear lights, 95-96 has suttle differences, new rear lights, front fogs are actually fogs now (before were turning lights) and a few other updates, 97+ was the look w/ new lights again on the back w/ a new front as well, different side moldings and shit.

7. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

this is a sweet car buit it needs a manual and it would so sweet if it had a turbo or soething on it

8. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

Japanese versions did.

9. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

wats the fuel consumption like for this car?

10. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

how is the reliability and repair cost ?

11. Re: This page doesn't give acurate information about this car

It pretty much doesn't break, the only things that have gone wrong with my '92 are the passenger door light is loose and the leather is kinda worn. Any of them should be good for at least 200k-250k miles. I have a friend whose dad sold his '92 with about 250k miles. You can't buy a more reliable car than a Lexus.