this speed race is getting rediculos

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by opelspedster1, Nov 30, 2002.

1. i wish thath people would work on handling and racing than fastest car

2. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

ye ur right 4 now they have all the speed n power they need now they need 2 work on safety features n shit like that.

3. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Yes very true.

4. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

most of these supercars are so fast and unstable that if you touch the gas next thing youll know youll be in a tree.

5. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Nah I desagree, faster cars seperate the men from the boys. "I build cars to go fast, not to stop" Ettore Bugatti.

6. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

that is true to an extent i lovbe speed BUT if a car has speed but can be controlled wat use is it?

7. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

I'm sure a vehicle like this is quite safe. The objective was to dethrone the McLaren F1, which is a very safe car (besides being incredibly fast). A BMW executive crashed a McLaren F1 at well over 200 mph and was able to walk away from the crash with no serious injuries. Besides, for this to be legally imported in the US, it has to be crash tested.

Also, I'm sure this car will handle just fine. If the Veyron handles as well as the EB110 did, then nobody should complain about the handling. We shouldn't really be talking handling anyway since there hasn't been a road test yet and I'm sure none of you were in on the development of the chassis and suspension. I know I wasn't.

High speed stability shouldn't really be a problem either. That's what the retractable rear spoiler is supposed to do... add downforce (or at least eliminate lift) thus helping stability at high speed. Not all cars are unstable at high speed. The 911 Turbo for instance is very stable near its top end, as are other high performance cars.

The only thing we have to go on for comparisons are opinions and the fact that the car has all-wheel-drive, a 7-speed gearbox, and 1001 hp DIN (987 hp SAE net).

Oh, and I agree that the top speed race is somewhat ridiculous. The only reason to have the highest top speed is for bragging rights. Most sane people will never drive this car that fast outside of a race track. It's just plain stupid to go that fast where there's a possbility of hitting other cars (or people, or cows, etc).

8. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Who here knows weither or not this car can handle? and nobody better say that they do because they don't! Those of you who assume that this car has no handling because it has 1001 bhp and can hit speeds of access of 252 mph, should keep their fingers off of the keyboard because none of these cars has fallen into the hands of the public for a test run. With the price tag and the predicted limited numbers not many will experience what the handling is really like with this car. It's like saying a McLaren F1 can't handle when you know it will! When cars such as these are built extensive research and pre-testing is put into them to assure that they will be stable at high speeds, and easy on the curves at "REASONABLE" speeds. You can't hit a curve at 200 mph without braking and expect to clear it without being vaporized by hitting the wall at such a speed! When you say you want handling I hope that's not what you are expecting to get out of a car because that's absurd!!!

9. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Yeah i agree. I hate people who think a car cant handle just because its heavy and very very fast, i mean, cummon, its a supercar and look at the price! It must handle good!

10. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

look at ferrari they work on HANDLING. the F50 can smoke a McLaren F1 through the turns. the speed race is pure speed and no agility. The speed race is the nascar of the supercar. Soon we will have then speed going 300 and you cant even turn at 20

11. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

I think we should all wait til the real car gets tested to discuss if it can handle or not...As for speed I agree. Speed is as important as handling and braking.

12. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Well, if this car is indeed as heavy as the EB110, than its performance around the track will be compromised. Longer braking distances, slower cornering speeds, faster brake wear, the whole deal. This will still be a great car, and if you got out of your every-day truck or station wagon you'd be blown away by the handling, but I doubt it will be very track-oriented. Feel free to post your thoughts.

13. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Well i guess your rite there, but they may overcome those obstacles.

14. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

I agree, some cars have the absolute worst hadling, but with great speed. for me, anything over 180mph is good enough, because if you have been in a car going 180mph its really fast, and going over 200mph is great in all, but its just an "add-on" to me at least, i would rather have a car that has much style, ex/interior, and good handling, with good about of horsepower, speed, and torque. that would satisfy me. to sum up, basically the Ferrari F50 or Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster.

15. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Nah....rediculos, not so sure, there is no such thing as too fast

16. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Eeeehhhmm? What's so ridiculous?

17. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

redicuklous is that cars caznt turn

18. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Exactly!

19. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Good point.
    +1

20. #20 enzo the baker, Jan 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

i completely agree come on i mean this car isn't just porsche (comparing NOT to gt1 or gt2) it's a bugatti think about that and besides you don't have enuff evidence to say that it is unstable which i would be willing to bet my life it is plenty stable look at the dimensions www.bugatti-cars.de

21. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

But still, you get recognised more for having a high top speed rather than handling.

22. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

To cool it and be cool are 2 different things.
    In this case...cool it man!

23. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

look at ferrari. they dont make the fastest car but more people now about them them mclaren or bugatti

24. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

Mclaren an Bugatti make **** all cars, but Ferrari and Porsche and such have a whole range of cars! Nad they are mainly recognised for looking sexy.

25. Re: this speed race is getting rediculos

agreed, and dont forget about style, design both ex/interior.