This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce it...

Discussion in '2001 Buick Bengal Concept' started by PRO, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Bob Lutz is a great carman but I think he is losing it... GM should bring these kinds of cars to production if they want to keep their status up...no pontiac aztec will do it...<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

That's strange, last I heard they were producing this. Good for Buick and Gm, these would be a nice ride.

3. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

Like the voice controls, this should cause quite a stir in the automotive industry

4. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fordkillschevy</i>
    <b>That's strange, last I heard they were producing this. Good for Buick and Gm, these would be a nice ride.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You're right;they are building it. Said so.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fordkillschevy</i>
    <b>That's strange, last I heard they were producing this. Good for Buick and Gm, these would be a nice ride.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You're right;they are building it. Said so.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->when?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

When what? When did they say so, or when are they producing it?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

I agree with what PRO said. Pontiac Aztek is the worst thing ever to hit the market, besides Ford Focus. And since GM isn't putting the Camaro and the Firebird into production anymore, Buick needs to put this sports car out. Because personally, the new Pontiac GTO puts a bad face on the name, GTO. The Bengal must be put into production, the Corvette can't do it alone.

8. Re: This thing is a beauty, though it's bad they won't produce i

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from whitesnake</i>
    <b>I agree with what PRO said. Pontiac Aztek is the worst thing ever to hit the market, besides Ford Focus. And since GM isn't putting the Camaro and the Firebird into production anymore, Buick needs to put this sports car out. Because personally, the new Pontiac GTO puts a bad face on the name, GTO. The Bengal must be put into production, the Corvette can't do it alone.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

---
    2 reasons why the Bengal wont make it to production anytime soon.

1. GM already has a future sports luxury roadster, the Caddy XLR which will be Caddy's flagship and a technology tour de force for GM.

2. The final production -spec prototype of the Bengal scared Mr Lutz when he saw it, he referred to that car... something resembling a sausage on wheels.

3. Development costs and brand image would prevent this Buick from being a hit, that's why I'm betting they are making the Pontiac's Solstice instead.

If you think the Focus is the worst thing ever... then how come is one of the best selling cars in the world?<!-- Signature -->